Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    CAR MOUNT WINDSHIELD HOLDER FOR PALM PRE SPRINT PDA PRO - eBay (item 370317508388 end time Feb-06-10 20:24:49 PST)

$5.50 with shipping. Wondering how strong the handle and the suction was. Any thoughts?
    I tried it on my instinct works pretty well! You can't hang off of the suction cup but it does the job!
    Personally, a car mount is one of the areas where it's not worth the money or the trouble to buy a cheap one. The phone could fall out at a really inconvenient time, or even be damaged by a fall.

A hot day and the suction cup comes off.

A cop notices it when you get pulled over for something else and wrights you a ticket for having somehting that obstructs your view. (Yes, that's a very real possibility in many states)

Or, it's just a fidly nightmare that never quite works well enough.

Go get a proclip and you won't regret it. It's a bit more money, but absolutely great to use.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Pro Clip looks nice, but I really do not want to drop $60 on this.

Quote Originally Posted by suzuki-guy View Post
    I tried it on my instinct works pretty well! You can't hang off of the suction cup but it does the job!
    So the suction cup is not strong enough to hold the Pre?
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    TTT Any more thoughts?
    Try Getting a Touchstone, Mounting it upside down with double sided tape. Right to the dash board works GREAT. mine been there since I got my Pre since product launch!!.
    +1 for the Touchstone. It is one of my favorite things about the Pre. You get a mount and charging in one package.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by RBorden629 View Post
    Try Getting a Touchstone, Mounting it upside down with double sided tape. Right to the dash board works GREAT. mine been there since I got my Pre since product launch!!.
    That's actually what I did with my proclip. There really weren't any adequately flat spaces on my dash that would have been a good spot for a touchstone, so instead of building up enough layers of double-stick tape to make it work, I bought a pro-clip, but only the car part of the mount, and used that as a nice flat surface to stick a touchstone to. Works beautifully.

About 10 times the cost of the link in the first post, but money well spent IMO.