Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    So I was in the restroom, and my phone began to vibrate, I pulled it out of my pocket, and dropped it in the toilet. I pulled it out, the screen was still on but frozen. I then pulled the battery out and wiped it dry.

I have the $7 dollar insurance on the phone. I plan on going to the Sprint store tomorrow morning. So, what should I tell them? Do I tell them I dropped it in the toilet or that it just stopped working?? Is there a way for them to tell if it has been dropped in water?? Am I screwed??

Thanks for any help. Also, I dont have any rice here at the house to put it in.
    Heres what I did go to the link below(your 7$ insurance company Asurion) Fill ou tsimple claim form. I had a phone in the mail the next morning they charge 100$ on your next bill. They send you a prepaid envelope to send broken phone back. Easier then going to sprint. Their main claims are water damage.
    http://www.phoneclaim.com/sprint
    Last edited by suzuki-guy; 01/08/2010 at 09:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurds View Post
    So I was in the restroom, and my phone began to vibrate, I pulled it out of my pocket, and dropped it in the toilet. I pulled it out, the screen was still on but frozen. I then pulled the battery out and wiped it dry.

I have the $7 dollar insurance on the phone. I plan on going to the Sprint store tomorrow morning. So, what should I tell them? Do I tell them I dropped it in the toilet or that it just stopped working?? Is there a way for them to tell if it has been dropped in water?? Am I screwed??

Did you try the quick solutions for drying your phone out? These have worked and saved many phones. It's been posted on the threads here, but HERE is a link explaining how to save a water-logged phone.

Good Luck!
    Do I tell them I dropped it in the toilet or that it just stopped working??
    Well, aside from it being dishonest it is also fraud! Why are you paying the $7 a month if you are not going to use it?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Well, aside from it being dishonest it is also fraud! Why are you paying the $7 a month if you are not going to use it?

will they replace it that day if i tell them that is has water damage? even w/ the insurance?
    Nope! They order one and it takes awhile you will not get one from their store! Ive tried! With asurion they will give you one the next day!
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Asurion is your best bet. Great to work with and they overnight you a new phone. No Hassles.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    stop playing with your phone when you go ****, especially since you are butter fingers! haha just kidding.
    will they replace it that day if i tell them that is has water damage? even w/ the insurance?
    If you are thinking of buying insurance and filing a claim the very next day, that would seem incredibly suspicious...

If you already have had insurance for a while, disregard my above sentence. Good luck tho, you can probably save your Pre if you let it dry out for a while.
    Try drying the phone out (sticking it in a bag of rice or an air conditioning unit should help) and then see if it functions properly.

If that fails, Assurion is your best bet. But you're gonna be short $100.
    lol I dropped mine in a pitcher of beer showing some of my pre pics off. Went to hand it to a friend and poof right in the pitcher. I took the battery off and let it dry out till the morning. Put the battery back on, the phone booted but was obviously something wrong. i took it into my local sprint store and told them the phone was not functioning properly. There was no obvious signs of liquid damage so they replaced it on the spot. That was the pre that i purchased on launch date. Since then i have had 3 other pre's with various problems ( none of which were my fault lol). Go in and see what they say, it cant hurt. I wouldnt walk right in and tell them you dropped it in the toilet because they will hit you with a $100 fee. Hope my drunkn mess helps you in any way lol
    Lmao, I dropped my in the toilet and it wasn't working after I let it dry for a few hours. So I went to Sprint filed a claim and they sent me a refurbished phone. The day I got my phone I was getting ready to send my other to them and I hit the power button and it started working. So I'm going to send their ****ty refurb back to Asurion.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    been there, done that.....I immediately pulled my battery and let it dry a couple days, and it is fine.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

They can tell if it has been wet inside. There is a hidden strip in the phone that turns to a different color when it gets wet. This info was from someone that works at Sprint Corporate HQ.
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    There is not a hidden watermark strip on the inside of the phone. That was confirmed by a sprint employee. Whenever they have those they are put on the back of the phone usually where the battery is placed. They do that so they can show the customer that there has been some sort of liquid damage or liquid introduced to it in some way. This is still not always a reason they will not exchange or replace the phone.like verizon for instance (girl friend is a dist. rep) it is up to the associates discretion , usually it will depend on other damage to the phone. if you are nice and speak nice to the person they will most likely go out of their way to help you. Even if you did *** your phone up yourself. But the pre's do not have a watermark strip hidden in them.
    As mentioned above the rice trick is probably the best way to save your phone. There was just an article about it written the other day. http://www.precentral.net/quick-tip-...ched-palm-rice
    Hopefully it's not to late. but it's worth a try.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Well, I went to Sprint this morning told them it wouldn't turn on cause it got wet and they took the phone and ran a bunch of tests on it. The guy said that the phone looked fine and that there hasn't been any damage to it. He just wasn't sure why the screen wouldn't come on, so they are ordering me a new Pre and I should get it either Monday or Tuesday.

I had them reactivate my Centro. It's so weird to go back to it after having my Pre for so long.