Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm just as fascinated with the latest updates as you all are - but I'm still stuck on how great the Pre's camera is:

Palm Pre - Almost HD like on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I mean seriously... the colors are great, the pic is sharp, and more importantly - I have details in the shadows without having to blow out the details in the sky.

I know most of you have moved on to other great things about this phone... but this basic feature keeps me going.
    Wow. That's a nice looking pic.
    +1
    It does take a nice picture, but most of us have 5, 8, 12+ MP cameras designed specifically to take pictures like that.

I've never been a fan of cameras in cell phones. If it has to be there, it NEEDS to take good macro shots, which it does not.
  5.    #5  
    > Insane42

My primary cam is an SLR, I've been shopping around for a second camera for those times I can't lug the beast around - but I've found my cell phone camera more then adequate.

A macro feature would be quite welcome though. The following is not taken with a pre, but you could never get this close with a cell phone camera without squashing the poor thing in the first place. :-)

Spider found in my sink using a SAL30M28 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Ug... you just HAD to choose a spider for the close-up shot. {{shivers}} The only thing in the world so far that gives me the heebie-jeebies. Ok... those and Perez Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Ug... you just HAD to choose a spider for the close-up shot. {{shivers}} The only thing in the world so far that gives me the heebie-jeebies. Ok... those and Perez Hilton.
    Haha, just realized your user name is from Seinfeld. Hellllllooooooo Jerry!

Back on topic, I wish we had a macro mode on the Pre. I remember a thread about making a battery cover with a macro lens built in. Not sure how well it would work, but I'm sure it would help alot...
    +1 for recognition
    Had to be a spider, didn't it. Why not a bowl of ice cream, or a hot chick... yeesh.
    I love the camera in the Pre, yes it could be better.
    Yes I have a Canon 5DMkII and a 40D and a 30D....
    But I have this with me everywhere I go. My facebook friends clammer when I am not posting food pictures from where I travel and dine.
    I do it all from the Pre.
    nooooooooo way!!!! im a broke college kid and i dont have a nice digital camera or a crazy nice SLR camera, i love the cam on our phone! its perfect and i lovvvvve having flash capabilities. i cant wait to officially have video =) precorder is to iffy cuz it doesnt always record for me lol

Gary Danko's in San Francisco @Xmas. One of the best restaurants I have ever eaten.
    Olives stuffed with Bleu Cheese
    Elaine (Dreyfus) from Seinfeld was sitting table next to us.
    ACK! give us Spoiler alert for them spidey pics! Horrible...horrible, so scared
    The first image though, lovely!
    From my vacation, I'm most happy with how this one came out, though they're all pretty good:

Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    Elaine (Dreyfus) from Seinfeld was sitting table next to us.
    And no picture of that in your thread about the Pre's camera?? No proof, never happened. Haha
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    And no picture of that in your thread about the Pre's camera?? No proof, never happened. Haha
    Ha you are right... But I grew up in this Hollywood area and used to be a Bartender at a Celeb hangout when I was a young'n. I respect people to much to do that. I know what they go through. I respect their peace when they are relaxing.
    Too much warm in this thread....Hawaii, Hollywood....Very jealous...I can't wait for next week when the temps here should go all the way up to the 30's!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmakar169 View Post
    Too much warm in this thread....Hawaii, Hollywood....Very jealous...I can't wait for next week when the temps here should go all the way up to the 30's!
    12 degrees here right now!
    You can do the macro mod by taking any old cd-rom/dvd-rom drive and using the lens against the Pre (or any other cell phone) camera lens to create close-up shots. I never tried it myself, but it works (google it).

Place I call home.
    Last edited by cglaguna; 01/08/2010 at 10:23 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast