Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Photo taken at 70mph (yes I see the sign too).

Christmas Present (ball has 9 other HoF Signatures on it all members of 500 Club. Wish I would have known about the cd-rom lense trick for close up photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    To tell you the truth I was a bit underwhelmed by the camera.

Of course part of that is that I left my good camera at the hotel and only had the phone cam. But by the end of the rain drenched day, I was glad to have not been toting the real camera, it may have been destroyed.

Here are some pics on rainy days(they seem to follow me in all travels)

highline park NYC

this is a religious college/seminary in NYC, you can easily see the whites blooming out into other parts as noted.

However it is GREAT for a food reviewer. I love carrying it to take pics of foods at restaurants. This is at Salty's on the Columbia in Portland, OR.

It takes decent photos in the air as well. I'd much prefer a zoom of course, and I mean an optical, but that isn't too realistic in a full featured smartphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph3n View Post

It takes decent photos in the air as well. I'd much prefer a zoom of course, and I mean an optical, but that isn't too realistic in a full featured smartphone.
    WOW! That is an amazing shot. Looks like you're going to space.
    Follow Me On

Quote Originally Posted by Justin51 View Post
    What's even better is that they are a Packer fan living in the Chicago are that's awesome GO PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks Justin! What's even better is that there are so many of us living here!

Nice pics everyone! I've been amazed by the fact that even if you run pics through a basic image editor like Picasa, there are only minor tweaks needed to enhance. Palm did well with the camera and it will be cool to see it get better with each device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    That was at 39,000 feet with a low cloudline. Right around Ft Meyers, FL.

It has nice vibrant colors for sure.
    Here's a couple more:

see it is an airplane
    in decent.
    \\

mad aerogeek props if anyone can tell me which airplane that is from the shadow.

Here is another pic of the shadow at full size:
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2536/...84e74283_b.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Remember, at 40,000 feet or so, you're nearly halfway there. So it's not too surprising.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

mad aerogeek props if anyone can tell me which airplane that is from the shadow.
    I'll take a crack at it. It looks like a 757 to me from the proportions.
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro1 View Post
    I'll take a crack at it. It looks like a 757 to me from the proportions.
    It is a 757-300
    And obviously it is on continental airlines, the only one with 757-300s with windows clear enough to take pics through and not all scratched up.
    Wow. Those are amazing. My pics from the air suck. This is my pic of NYC, not that you can tell!

Maybe it is the sun's fault? Pre doesn't seem to do well into direct sunlight, as in the seminary photo posted earlier too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jurado View Post
    > Insane42

My primary cam is an SLR, I've been shopping around for a second camera for those times I can't lug the beast around - but I've found my cell phone camera more then adequate.

A macro feature would be quite welcome though. The following is not taken with a pre, but you could never get this close with a cell phone camera without squashing the poor thing in the first place. :-)

Spider found in my sink using a SAL30M28 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Reminds me of this one I took a while ago:
    Small Common House Spider on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Didn't a user on here find a way to take macro shots with the pre camera? I remember the resulting pictures were very good for a phone camera!

Found it!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-examples.html
    maybe im the only one, or maybe I just dunno where the settings are, but Ive long though the pre camera suxs

for example

@agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    maybe im the only one, or maybe I just dunno where the settings are, but Ive long though the pre camera suxs

for example

Your lens looks a bit dirty. Also, don't expect miracles from indoor shots.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiehs View Post
    Your lens looks a bit dirty. Also, don't expect miracles from indoor shots.
    outdoor shot

everyones pictures in here look FANTASTIC.....made me realize mine do suck
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    outdoor shot

everyones pictures in here look FANTASTIC.....made me realize mine do suck
    Try removing your battery cover, and with a slightly moist piece of paper towel, clean the lens gently.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiehs View Post
    Try removing your battery cover, and with a slightly moist piece of paper towel, clean the lens gently.
    will do
    @agentmock

17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    Didn't a user on here find a way to take macro shots with the pre camera? I remember the resulting pictures were very good for a phone camera!

Found it!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-examples.html
    Oooooo... very nice find. I must find me a dvd player to destroy!

Also, nice pics all :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    Wow. Those are amazing. My pics from the air suck. This is my pic of NYC, not that you can tell!

Maybe it is the sun's fault? Pre doesn't seem to do well into direct sunlight, as in the seminary photo posted earlier too.
    There's just too much dynamic range (brightest to darkest) in those shots.

There isn't a camera in the world that can do anything a single shot with a high sun in the frame. :-)
    Hmmm... interesting. And how would you control for that without zoom? Sticking your finger over the top half of the shot?? haha
  20. mkl
    Yes, The pre has an excellent camera for a phone. I took all of these on my Pre. They make EXCELLENT backgrounds:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast