Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    Ha you are right... But I grew up in this Hollywood area and used to be a Bartender at a Celeb hangout when I was a young'n. I respect people to much to do that. I know what they go through. I respect their peace when they are relaxing.
    I was just kiddin! Heh heh... I'd never pull a camera like that either. Instead, I'd go up to her and tell her that because she has millions she should pay for my dinner (as I am her number one fan) LOL {again.. just a joke}

Back to the topic... nice pictures!

City I call home.
    You live in the sand? luuuucky
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    From my vacation, I'm most happy with how this one came out, though they're all pretty good:

Nice pic... where?
    Nice pic... where?
    From the beach in Aruba last week.
    I too, am very happy with the quality of the Pre's camera. Even though it's not a high end camera, it sure takes pics to look like one! And when you are out and about and see something that is worth snapping, the Pre is always available.

Aleks
    Quote Originally Posted by aleks View Post
    I too, am very happy with the quality of the Pre's camera. Even though it's not a high end camera, it sure takes pics to look like one! And when you are out and about and see something that is worth snapping, the Pre is always available.

Aleks
    Those are some great pics, I wonder if they've improved the camera on the Pre Plus since that will be what I'm picking up.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Are these touched up at all? My pictures look nothing like that
    I agree, the pre can take some great photos, but the night shots get grainy, which is to be expected i guess.

Best photo i have so far is of my Z. No doctoring, except the license plate. Kind of a dark photo, but the sun was behind the house.

Edit:
    found another decent one that i archived before doctoring a while back. Taken while on the road. and i thought texting while driving was bad. lol

Last edited by GarrettQ; 01/09/2010 at 05:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Haha, just realized your user name is from Seinfeld. Hellllllooooooo Jerry!

Back on topic, I wish we had a macro mode on the Pre. I remember a thread about making a battery cover with a macro lens built in. Not sure how well it would work, but I'm sure it would help alot...
    What's even better is that they are a Packer fan living in the Chicago are that's awesome GO PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I think this is one reason for the great pictures as well. I too am amazed by the camera.

http://www.precentral.net/looking-forward-pre-camera
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I agree with the quality, but I have been frustrated sometimes with how wide-angle it is. I had to get twice as close to the soccer team for the winning post-game photo as everyone else!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    Are these touched up at all? My pictures look nothing like that
    Are you taking pictures indoors? That's where the Pre's (and any other cell phone camera) will fall short.

Great in daylight shots, borderline useless in other conditions.
    Here are the pictures I have taken with the Pre. Works great outdoors, not so good indoors/lowlight. Too bad the Pre does not have a RAW mode or we might be able to extract a little more out of the camera.

Jauder Ho - life viewed from a palm pre
    Mobile photoblog http://post.jauderho.com/
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    cool pic dude
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Laguna Beach CA, Main Beach Park?

Place I call home.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Place I call home.
    HEy just up the street!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan000 View Post
    Laguna Beach CA, Main Beach Park?
    Yep
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    Are you taking pictures indoors? That's where the Pre's (and any other cell phone camera) will fall short.

Great in daylight shots, borderline useless in other conditions.
    No, I'm talking about outdoor photos... I guess I do have a few that look good, it's just that in bright situations I seem to get a "blooming" effect. Especially with things that are a bright white.

This can make some pics look a bit hazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    No, I'm talking about outdoor photos... I guess I do have a few that look good, it's just that in bright situations I seem to get a "blooming" effect. Especially with things that are a bright white.

This can make some pics look a bit hazy.
    Sounds like you just have some shmootz on yer lense.
    I have to agree, the pre's camera is just awesome. I haven't had mine very long, but went out into town and took a few snaps earlier. The problem is that it's been so dark and snowy here, it's almost always grainy! Nothing an OS update will do to fix that though :-)
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast