Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm still going to try sling.com just for the heck of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Well after hearing this news I'm really glad I waited to buy a slingbox.
    I too have been waiting to buy a slingbox.
    I am guessing Sling is another US-only thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preene View Post
    I am guessing Sling is another US-only thing.
    Nope works anywhere, I use one in Australia, but they are definitely available in UK.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

I'm assuming they'll be charging for the app (like they did for my old WM device) in addition to having to replace my old slingbox? No thanks.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
  6.    #26  
    Ok well here is my problem and it sucks. I have been contacted for a beta that is going to be ready for testing soon but I don't have the correct hardware and I can't afford to buy the HD right now.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    Ok well here is my problem and it sucks. I have been contacted for a beta that is going to be ready for testing soon but I don't have the correct hardware and I can't afford to buy the HD right now.
    Maybe I'm not a Flash expert but if I can go to sling.com in my laptop and watch my Slingbox, why couldn't I go to sling.com on my Pre after Flash is on it and do the same?
    That said, I'm saving up for a Slingbox Solo to replace my AV.
  8.    #28  
    Sling wants to test the software with the HD model and I only have the original AV.

Follow Me On Twitter
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Maybe I'm not a Flash expert but if I can go to sling.com in my laptop and watch my Slingbox, why couldn't I go to sling.com on my Pre after Flash is on it and do the same?
    That said, I'm saving up for a Slingbox Solo to replace my AV.
    sling.com required a plugin other than flash. maybe it's been a while and you dont remember doing that. try loggin into sling.com from a different pc and accessing your slingbox. or simply try logging in from chrome... that browser is not supported, even though it fully supports flash. sling hasn't written the plugin to work with chrome yet.
    Well that stinks

assuming that there will be no legacy support, its a real annoyance.

I purchased prior apps for my win-mo device, its not like sling couldn't get me to buy another app. but to make me buy a new slingbox?

It would leave a poor taste in my mouth, they would have to make a pretty convincing technical argument as to why it is possible on my winmo device, but they can't do it on the pre.

if it just requires more time, thats ok, i would understand that, but a never isn't something i want to here.

does HAVA have online streaming? i know the n900 has an app, if i am going to buy a new device i will have to reconsider the available options.
    There are four lights.
    Will the sling box Pro (Not Pro HD) be supported?
  12.    #32  
    Sling beta only wanted HD testers but that doesn't mean the older and original boxes won't be supported.

Follow Me On Twitter
    I have replaced my original slingbox with a slingbox pro just waiting for this app or flash app to get completed. Please sling this is what I miss about winmo (and that is it, oh and shazaam and hd-wobble)
    any word on Sling? Now flash is officially here.
    Forget flash, what we want is a Slingplayer app like every other OS (Android, iPhone, Blackberry, Windows Phone). For god sake, we had one on the original Palm OS and windows mobile years and years ago. Is it really asking that much???
    Odd that it says this will benefit Pre and Pixi users... and yet Palm has been saying flash won't be available on the Pixi...
    Ah...refreshing..That pretty much means we're getting a new webos phone in February.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Ah...refreshing..That pretty much means we're getting a new webos phone in February.
    Huh? how?
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Hi Joescan,

I have the Pre Plus and Sling HD Pro. How did you enrol for the beta test? Is Sling looking to test on a Pre 2 only?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I want sling!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast