Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31
  1. #21  
    There were a couple old thread hinting on the third device. One when the source code was really combed finely, a choice of OS for Castle (Pre), Eos (Pixi) & Zeppelin.
    The other thread came when a member was on a plane to China where he met a couple of Palm designers. They were laughing when asked about the next phone and just said it was already done. That might be the Pre & Pixi Plus or not.

    My W A G on C40: Crappy 40? Whatever it is I can only drool from afar since Palm has decided our region (APAC) has offended them somehow.
  2. #22  
    Firstly, as Palm reps told Engadget in their one on one meeting at CES, the Verizon 'exclusive' is only a brief 'exclusive'. Sprint and ATT will end getting the Plusses in the summer. The C40 could be a holding place moniker for one of the Plus devices.

    I doubt Palm has a 3rd device, only b/c if they did I'm sure Verizon would have wanted in on that before making any kind of deal with Palm.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  3. #23  
    The C obviously stands for Cylon, as the new pre will be able to make Cylon Toast.

    Battlestar Galactica Toaster Brands Your Bread With a Cylon - Battlestar Galactica - Gizmodo
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Firstly, as Palm reps told Engadget in their one on one meeting at CES, the Verizon 'exclusive' is only a brief 'exclusive'. Sprint and ATT will end getting the Plusses in the summer. The C40 could be a holding place moniker for one of the Plus devices.

    I doubt Palm has a 3rd device, only b/c if they did I'm sure Verizon would have wanted in on that before making any kind of deal with Palm.
    Link?

    Also, who is to say Verizon won't get the C40 if it is indeed a new handset?
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post
    Link?

    Also, who is to say Verizon won't get the C40 if it is indeed a new handset?
    Link to what? ATT's CEO confirmed at their CES presentation that they're carrying two WebOs devices 'in the first half of 2010'. I don't think ATT would have made such statement if ATT didn't already have a deal signed with Palm. Look at it on Engadget's website if you need proof or look on this site. My guess is that those devices would be the Plusses. My guess is that Sprint will also carry the Plusses at some point. Why not? Seems more plausible than not. But again it's just a guess.

    If you're referring to a link for where Palm reps said the Verizon exclusive is only for a brief period of time, listen to Engadget's CES podcast. I listened to it last night. There is a link to the podcast on this forum if you need it. The guys from Engadget clearly stated in that they had a one on one meeting with Palm and that is where the bit about the exclusive came from.

    Verizon could get the C40 if it is a new device but C40 as a new device is all speculation at this point.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post
    Also, who is to say Verizon won't get the C40 if it is indeed a new handset?
    If the C40 is a new Palm Device,
    The only reason I could see them not announce it at CES, besides not being done yet, would be an exclusive Sprint contact. Imagine what Verizon would've done if they would've gone through the whole presentation about the Plus coming exclusively to Verizon, than go and say "Oh! And we have this awesome new device the Palm Kazowee, only on Sprint"
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Link to what? ATT's CEO confirmed at their CES presentation that they're carrying two WebOs devices 'in the first half of 2010'. I don't think ATT would have made such statement if ATT didn't already have a deal signed with Palm. Look at it on Engadget's website if you need proof or look on this site. My guess is that those devices would be the Plusses. My guess is that Sprint will also carry the Plusses at some point. Why not? Seems more plausible than not. But again it's just a guess.

    If you're referring to a link for where Palm reps said the Verizon exclusive is only for a brief period of time, listen to Engadget's CES podcast. I listened to it last night. There is a link to the podcast on this forum if you need it. The guys from Engadget clearly stated in that they had a one on one meeting with Palm and that is where the bit about the exclusive came from.

    Verizon could get the C40 if it is a new device but C40 as a new device is all speculation at this point.
    Yes, I was looking for the link to one on one talk with engadget as I had not read/listened to that yet. I will try to track that down. Thanks.

    Sure it is speculation. And speculation is fun.
  8. #28  
    Anybody find it odd that the only new screen shot of the C40 is the thumbnail on the Phonearena website?
  9. #29  
    Clearly a Palm branded Volvo C40. Think the special Eddie Bauer editions of SUVs, only with Palm branding.
  10. #30  
    I'm wondering if future devices will have higher screen resolutions, and how apps programmed for lower resolutions would work on them. The newer phones like the Droid have a much higher screen resolution and they do look really nice.
  11. htcman724's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by swissarmy View Post
    I will go ahead & speculate... It's going to be the first sprint phone with wimax. However, will not be released until 4th quarter of this year???




    +1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions