Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hi there, I was wondering if someone could help me figure out how to roll back my WebOS from version 1.3.5 to 1.2.X. Unfortunately I made the mistake of updating to 1.3.5 and am no longer able to use My Tether via wifi or USB...If I could roll back my WebOS version to 1.2.- that would be great! I presume I need to use WebOS Doctor, but I am a bit confused about a few things. For one, when I connect my phone to my comp to run the Dr. should it be connected via USB - just charge, media sync, or usb drive? I have actually tried all of the latter, and WebOS doctor doesn't seem to recognize the phone is connected (the "next" icon remains dimmed)...

If someone has a moment it would be a big help if you could provide actual step-by-step instructions on how to get 1.3.5 to roll back. I haven't been able to find any specific instructions anywhere, and it would seem that WebOS doctor is only going to repair the OS if something was corrupted, not roll back.

Just incase it is pertinent, I am using Mac OS 10.4

I would really appreciate some instruction, or advice! Thanks advance!!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    any ideas?
    This tutorial should have everything you need. If your Pre is not recognized, try a different USB port on your computer, restart the computer, restart the phone, keep selecting "usb", keep fiddling till it does. Some times the doctor has been more finicky than others for me. Remember that a roll back to 1.2 will delete anything (photos, etc.) you have stored on the phone, so backup first. And, if you do this, you'll want to keep the phone from forcing an update on you--so follow the instructions in my sig for disabling updates.
    I ♥ my Pre.
    i am having same problem no utilitiy will recognize pre in usb mode. it used to. I,ve tried all methods i could find online to get thre doctor or quick install or repair utility to recognize it and nothing. developer is on ,restarted millions of time, remote erased from palm website. tried everything. any ideas?