Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    as ive been lookin around the foum over the last few days i have noticed that a few ppl dont like helping the average joe out like myself,like ppl saying search search search.

    i tryd searching 4 certain things and came up with nil nothing zilch 2 help me,i posted a simple question (2 u experts anyway) im jst glad ther are a few decent ppl out ther willing 2 help ppl on things mayb they were stuk on in the past

    U WERE ALL NOOBS AT THE BEGINING PPL AND IM SURE U GOT SIMPLE HELP FRM PPL MUCH MORE EXPERIANCED THAN U AT THE TIME
  2. thesmj's Avatar
    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    #2  
    Maybe people don't like helping you because your posts are so difficult to read it hurts my eyes.

    Goodbye.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmJ View Post
    Maybe people don't like helping you because your posts are so difficult to read it hurts my eyes.

    Goodbye.
    Wow. Great way to represent the site.

    Ignore posters like this djuvee... sometimes certain questions have been answered in depth in threads and its faster/easier to simply point someone to that thread. If someone suggests performing a 'search' its simply a reminder and not meant to be rude or insinuate that it wasn't done before posting. I'm guilty of this and sometimes forget searches can be frustrating sometimes.

    Don't let these posters (myself included) keep you from finding answers you need on the forums. If you search and cant find something, just let us know you are having difficulty and someone will help!
  4. RafRol's Avatar
    Posts
    544 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #4  
    Sometimes it doesn't hurt to ask for a link to a thread that will have your answer as well. Welcome to PreCentral! As mentioned above, ignore posters like TheSmJ.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmJ View Post
    Maybe people don't like helping you because your posts are so difficult to read it hurts my eyes.

    Goodbye.
    To be fair, while this is worded a bit harshly, it _is_ sometimes difficult to read posts written in the OP's style. For those of us who appreciate the English language, it even rises to the level of being painful.

    And, regarding search: I have no problem helping someone out with issues that haven't been covered recently and so are buried further down in the threads. However, many questions are asked that are already quite prominent on the first page of the forum. A quick scan will often provide a lead on a question's answer, and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect someone to do at least that much on their own.

    Sometimes it's just pure exasperation that causes some people to suggest a search, and sometimes it's simply good advice. Nobody should take it personally.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  6. thesmj's Avatar
    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    #6  
    Sorry. I've been to many forums, including some that I've been active on for years. After seeing so many passive-aggressive goodbye posts from people who cant handle waiting over an hour for a reply without postbumping and the like I've learned that responding in kind is the best approach.

    EDIT: In fact, I'd like to elaborate on this...

    People like the OP expect a reply post-haste and as elaborate as possible without being asked to look for the answer themselves, when they refuse to even use punctuation. I couldn't get 10 words into his post before checking to see if I'm having a stroke. If people want a reply they should at least take the time to ask the questions in proper English, not like a group of 14 year old kids texting each other on their cellphones. Hell, at the very least he could have posted this in the Off-Topic forum.

    Although I have to say my favorite /quit rants are then they demand to be banned from the site. At least those make me chuckle a little bit.
    Last edited by TheSmJ; 01/08/2010 at 07:28 PM.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by djuvee View Post
    as ive been lookin around the foum over the last few days i have noticed that a few ppl dont like helping the average joe out like myself,like ppl saying search search search.

    i tryd searching 4 certain things and came up with nil nothing zilch 2 help me,i posted a simple question (2 u experts anyway) im jst glad ther are a few decent ppl out ther willing 2 help ppl on things mayb they were stuk on in the past

    U WERE ALL NOOBS AT THE BEGINING PPL AND IM SURE U GOT SIMPLE HELP FRM PPL MUCH MORE EXPERIANCED THAN U AT THE TIME
    hollar at me if you need any more help !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    hollar at me if you need any more help !!!
    Wouldn't that be: "holla if u need n e mor hlp" ?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmJ View Post
    Sorry. I've been to many forums, including some that I've been active on for years. After seeing so many passive-aggressive goodbye posts from people who cant handle waiting over an hour for a reply without postbumping and the like I've learned that responding in kind is the best approach.

    EDIT: In fact, I'd like to elaborate on this...

    People like the OP expect a reply post-haste and as elaborate as possible without being asked to look for the answer themselves, when they refuse to even use punctuation. I couldn't get 10 words into his post before checking to see if I'm having a stroke. If people want a reply they should at least take the time to ask the questions in proper English, not like a group of 14 year old kids texting each other on their cellphones. Hell, at the very least he could have posted this in the Off-Topic forum.

    Although I have to say my favorite /quit rants are then they demand to be banned from the site. At least those make me chuckle a little bit.
    hold on am i wrong or is this the pre forum? ie people talking and asking about the pre?

    off topic?

    if i was asking about another palm handset then yes it wud b off topic BUT im not its the pre i have so i came 2 a PRE forum

    and as for proper english im sorry if i quick type things,but its QUICK,unlike some i dont have the time to sit hear and type everthing as it is in the ENGLISH dictionary

    i am english and i do no the actual spelling for every word in my vocabulary but seeing as you americans (no offence ment) speak english thought u would understand
  10. #10  
    djuvee... don't worry about spelling. I just take it for granted that you are typing on the Pre and it makes it quicker. If someone gives you grief about it - ignore it because you will always find that on any thread.

    We are here to help - so just keep posting and typing however you feel comfortable. Yes we Americans speak English here... at least for a couple more years.
  11. #11  
    @HelloNNNewman ---- no lol im a southern boy !! its hollar lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->

Posting Permissions