1.    #1  
    ive seen it mentiond everywhere on this forum but nowhere can i find out wat it is and actualy does

some1 in the know please shed light on this 4 me?

thnks
    I think "preware" may have a spell checking patch that you may need...lol (just joking if you don't have a sense of humor)
    It allows you to install homebrew applications, themes, patches and mods directly from your Pre. No PC needed. Do a search for Preware and read up on it. I'd give you the link but I'm typing this from my Pre.
    You can read a full description of what Preware is, and how to install-use it in the Preware thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...0-preware.html

Its pretty much a must-have for Pre users if you want to experience all the great tweaks!
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djuvee View Post
    ive seen it mentiond everywhere on this forum but nowhere can i find out wat it is and actualy does

some1 in the know please shed light on this 4 me?

thnks

IT is a advanced homebrew/patch/services installer....

Read before you mess with it.....
  6.    #6  
    thnks folks,ive only jst started 2 use the webos qi 2day and im loving some of the things we can do using it,only used it 2day as i only got my pre xmas eve and dnt want to mess it up as i have done with my old (lg viewty)
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Just read through the documentation and take it step by step, don't rush through it, and you will be fine. Have fun tweaking your Pre.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Also... if you do a quick search on YouTube, you'll find some videos showing the application along with tutorials for installation.

Just go slow and you will be fine! Enjoy!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post

IT is a advanced homebrew/patch/services installer....

Read before you mess with it.....
    i think ile leave instaling it til ive read up on it properly
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Also... if you do a quick search on YouTube, you'll find some videos showing the application along with tutorials for installation.

Just go slow and you will be fine! Enjoy!
    CHEERS

ile do my research b4 doing anything lol
    Quote Originally Posted by djuvee View Post
    CHEERS

ile do my research b4 doing anything lol
    The nice thing about the Pre is that you can always Doctor (revert) your Pre back to it's original state in case you make a mistake. Most people who start to look into Preware do so feeling a bit intimidated. But soon find that with the step by step directions shown on the Preware thread, it's actually a very simple process to get the Preware application installed on your phone. Once installed, the Menus show you exactly what is available (think App catalog) and allow you to add patches for features you may have wanted but didn't really realize weren't offered on the phone (such as being able to read email in landscape mode). Along with the patches you can choose from hundreds (or so) of themes for customizing the look of your Pre. Play around with it and enjoy!

Remember.... if you are using Preware, you will need to uninstall any patches/themes before performing a software update (like the 1.4 upgrade coming in Feb). It just keeps you from causing the update to fail and/or causing issues with your phone. After the update, simply reinstall the patches/themes.

I could post more about it here, but I'd only be reinventing the wheel. Take a look at the thread linked in the previous posts and have some fun!
    It is really simple! I was very skeptical too before I did it. I too did not want to mess up my Pre. However if you follow the steps exactly and take your time it is almost dummy proof (I am an example of that LOL). After installing it though I realized how great palm was for allowing u to do this! It truely is designed for open use. If something does go wrong that is why they give you the doctor feature to reset it to factory settings so you can start all over, it is amazing!! Have fun with it and dont be to scared it really is great and easy.