1.    #1  
    played it all last night with only one crash. Now I can't play at all. As soon as I start a race it crashes. Can't play at all. Multiple restarts and a battery pull just for good measure. Any suggestions?

all I have on my pre is the roam and data toggle. No patches.
  3.    #3  
    thanks. Uninstalling will cause me to lose my progress in the game huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    thanks. Uninstalling will cause me to lose my progress in the game huh?
    Probably, but you know what's more important.
    Interestingly, NFS runs perfectly for me. It's Asphalt5 that crashes regularly. I think we'll need to start reporting what we're running when these apps crash to try to identify some commonality.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Interestingly, NFS runs perfectly for me. It's Asphalt5 that crashes regularly. I think we'll need to start reporting what we're running when these apps crash to try to identify some commonality.
    Opposite here, NFSU crashes all the time, Asphalt is stable as a rock.
    NFS hasn't crashed on me & i even had 6 cards open while playing with no lag.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NFS hasn't crashed for me either. I downloaded it (made sure I did no multi-tasking during download or install). I didn't start it after it installed. I instead did a phone reset, then I opened the game and it's been running like a champ! I was on a phone call while I played, no lag whatsoever. I was crazy impressed. Having the GPU running is making my Pre feel brand new again. It's like a different phone with the GPU running during gameplay!

My Pre has patches/mods galore and it hasn't affected game play.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 01/09/2010 at 01:05 AM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  9.    #9  
    just though i'd report back. I deleted NFS and then downloaded it again without interuption. Before launching it at all I did a reboot and it has been perfect every since.

the 3D games need to be your only task on ur phone while the downloading and installing takes place. Good luck!
    Sounds like an OS issue... not with any of the apps. Apps that save data causing memory leak or Memory corruption? Because once you uninstall and reinstall I guessing you rid the saved data and reinstalls clean and new data will be good until something corrupts it. Conflict with other App? Interesting some have probs with NFS and not Asphalt 5 and visa versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    just though i'd report back. I deleted NFS and then downloaded it again without interuption. Before launching it at all I did a reboot and it has been perfect every since.

the 3D games need to be your only task on ur phone while the downloading and installing takes place. Good luck!
    Didn't work for me. I still can't even get the game to start.

Congrats, though.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    westman, do you get an error on the download of the app? Are you running any homebrew patches, preware, mytether?
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    westman, do you get an error on the download of the app?
    Nope.

Are you running any homebrew patches
    Nope.

, preware
    Nope.

, mytether?
    Nope.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    west3man i was having the same problem as you were. i have doctored my pre to factory settings and put everything back on and it has been working great ever since.
    Quote Originally Posted by havatampa View Post
    west3man i was having the same problem as you were. i have doctored my pre to factory settings and put everything back on and it has been working great ever since.
    Did you erase everything, as well?
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Did you erase everything, as well?
    yes i did. and it automatically installed all the app catalog apps that i purchased. i did back up my pic, mp3, etc.... give it a shot
    I have the same problem but I don't think I'm quite willing to doctor the phone to fix it - especially since on one of the other threads, one person reported that doctoring did not solve the problem. Dunno how patient to be with this error though, may just delete the game and forget about it.
    it's weird cuz I have patches & homebrew, had mytether & multitasked while downloading & installing with no issues.