1.    #1  
    I have been having some random problems since 1.3.5, and 1.3.5.1.

Now this.

Any ideas? It is just stuck on the palm screen. makes for a nice paperweight...
    Normally when I get this a soft-reset fixes it. Have you tried one?

Hold down for a few second and let go...
    Orange Option key + Sym + R
    you may also try removing the battery, and replacing it, but i would say that if that doesn't work it prolly needs to be Web doctored.
    happened to me this morning. I pulled the battery and left it out for 5 mins then put it back in and turned it on. It took like 5-7 mins to turn on after that. No idea why. I have also had some battery charging touchstone issues since 1.3.5.1
  5.    #5  
    removed the battery and let it sit for 30 min, loaded up. Had tried just removing the battery and restarting 3 times.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Me and my room mate have had the same problems over the wknd.. I was a the bank and was on the phone when I dropped it. The whole thing just shut off. when I attempted to turn it back on it didnt work, I said to myself that maybe its b/c the battery was low. So I remembered that there was a Sprint store like 4 blocks down, so I went in there started charging it off of one of their diplays. Now I know that when you battery dies that battery w/ lightning blot icon show but I was there for nearly 45 mins. I was like ***!! So I go over to the tech and asked him if there was a fully charged battery. He found one and instead of getting the battery icon the Palm came of instead. He didnt let me have that battery b/c he said he needed it so I had no choice but to go home and charge it there. I left it for more than an hour before everything loaded it.. Im not sure whats causing it what I do know it that I updated to 1.3.5.1 that same day (which I was soo trying to avoid not to DL it) I hope that this is the issue and 1.4 addresses it. Cause Im really not trying to replace my PRE AGAIN. That **** is a headace and a long process.
    Been having the same issue since 1.3.5.1

Every so often, my phone is just dead -- won't do ANYTHING. Screen won't turn on, power button is unresponsive. If I take the battery out and put it back in, I get stuck at the bootup screen the first few tries.

Also, whatever it's doing during these long reboots must be very CPU intensive. I was at 100% battery this morning, then this BS happened, and by the time I got my phone to work again I had just 15% battery. Since I don't have a charger at work, this renders the whole thing worthless.

Very angry Pre user today. Strongly considering dumping the phone (and Sprint) over this issue.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I had the same problem over the weekend: was using my phone in the morning no problem, set it down, came back 20 minutes later and it was completely dead. I've heard it referred to as the Palm Coma. Had to pull the battery twice before it came back to life. On the up side, the battery life has greatly improved since the incident.
    Talked to Palm about it earlier today, and they recommended WebOS doctor. Talked to Sprint, and they recommended a hard reset followed by a new unit.

Will try the WebOS doctor solution first, and see what happens from there...
  10.    #10  
    I hate that these phones seem to have become so fragile.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetrains View Post
    I hate that these phones seem to have become so fragile.
    Webdr it.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetrains View Post
    I have been having some random problems since 1.3.5, and 1.3.5.1.

Now this.

Any ideas? It is just stuck on the palm screen. makes for a nice paperweight...
    This just happened to me yesterday which was the 1st time in a LONG time. Pull the battery, leave it out a few minutes, put it back in and then you should be ok. It still took a little longer than normal to fully boot back up.