Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    So first off, I'm a Touch Pro convert. Got my Pre as a replacement. Sort of playing around at the moment. I loaded the Pandora app and used my rocketfish bluetooth stereo headset. Much better streaming than my Touch. Also the forward button on my headset actually skips music in Pandora, how cool is that?

Second Funness (sic)
    I downloaded an app called Teen Repellant. Figured it was a gimick and it is but, it actually does work. There are several frequencies to choose from. I'm 36 and they are labeled per age group. I actually can't hear about the tone above the age 50 frequency. When I put the frequency on under 25 I can't hear anything. I though this was the gimick. Than my 5 year old complained of this loud noise. I tried it on all four of my kids 3-9 yrs and they all are annoyed by it. FRIGGIN GENIUS!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezistrat View Post
    ...Second Funness (sic)
    I downloaded an app called Teen Repellant. Figured it was a gimick and it is but, it actually does work. There are several frequencies to choose from. I'm 36 and they are labeled per age group. I actually can't hear about the tone above the age 50 frequency. When I put the frequency on under 25 I can't hear anything. I though this was the gimick. Than my 5 year old complained of this loud noise. I tried it on all four of my kids 3-9 yrs and they all are annoyed by it. FRIGGIN GENIUS!!!!
    Careful, they'll probably start using it as a ring tone

A Ring Tone Meant to Fall on Deaf Ears
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    That would be 17khz. I'll have to try that myself, because frankly I'm surprised and a little skeptical.... that the Pre's crappy little speaker could produce anything over 15khz.

Before you flame me, I'm very happy the Pre has a speaker, and I use it all the time for podcasts and casual listening. But you have to admit, it's a crappy little speaker.
    I actually use 16khz as my ring tone. its great cause its a sound that people rarely pay attention to (if they can hear it at all), so when my phone rings it doesn't bother people in the same way other ringtones do.
    Yeah, just found out my dog is deaf he didn't do anything over 16khz, either that or he just likes to ignore me ;-)
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    More importantly, there's an app out there somewhere for some platform that students are using to send morse code at frequencies that teacher's can't hear. Saw a news article of a group of middle school students using their phones as "calculators" sending morse code via high frequency sounds during tests.

First off, Way to go kids to think of that!!
    Secondly, if they would have spent as much time studying as they did learning freakin morse code they would probably be in a better spot.

It was something like Q then number and then question answer (a,b,c,d,e). Not too complicated.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch