1.    #1  
    I spent hours upon hours last night playing the Sims 3 game. So much so that I've screwed up any chance of meaningful studying today. However, this morning, something horrible and unthinkable happened. My sims 3 app crashed after I upgraded my house for a second time and tried going to town. I tried restarting the app, restarting the phone. Nothing works. I'm basically stuck at this stage of the game. Anyone out there have a clever solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by p****24 View Post
    I spent hours upon hours last night playing the Sims 3 game. So much so that I've screwed up any chance of meaningful studying today. However, this morning, something horrible and unthinkable happened. My sims 3 app crashed after I upgraded my house for a second time and tried going to town. I tried restarting the app, restarting the phone. Nothing works. I'm basically stuck at this stage of the game. Anyone out there have a clever solution?
    I haven't upgraded to the second house yet so I'm not sure if this is a global issue or not.

Do you have MyTether installed at all? Do you have any patches dealing with the CPU or related?

It could be corrupted in some way. I'm not sure how the save games are made but you might try deleting the app and hoping it keeps your saves and the error isn't in the save file.

You might also go the Thesims3.com and go to the community/forum site and post there, if it is an issue with the application itself. They're usually pretty good about deploying fixes quickly if there is a game-stopping bug.
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. I haven't upgraded my house yet so I'm hoping I don't have the same issue.

I'm really responding to this post because I wanted to express how freaking impressed I am with Sims 3 on the Pre. First of all, the game runs SUPER smooth on my Pre. The graphics look outstanding and all while the framerate stays at a steady flow.

As for the game itself, I am having so much fun with it. I actually have Sims 3 for my PC and I stopped playing it after a couple days. Not because the game is bad but mostly because I didn't have a ton of time to play it. With this mobile version, I can jump in and play for 15-20 minutes and get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

I can't stress enough how much I love Sims 3 on the Pre. GO PALM!
    I'm having the same problem. I upgraded the house (only once) and now it stalls when going to town. If you have a job in the game, try doing stuff around the house until it's time to work, then go to the menu and click go to work. This worked for me, but only once. It's back to work time again and now it does the same thing as if I try to go to town. I tried starting a new game and it crashes at the exact same point (any time going to town after the first update).
    My Pre is 100% stock, no patches or homebrew. Dev Mode isn't even on.
    I'm hoping for an update to the app soon. I don't want to reinstall because that would take yesterday from being mostly wasted on the game to being totally wasted on the game since I would presumably lose my data.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayvan View Post
    This happens to me if I have something growing in my garden when I try to go to town. Try harvesting your crops before trying to go to the town map. It doesn't crash if all my crops have been harvested. Kind of annoying but I can work around it. Otherwise very nice game.
    forums[dot]precentral[dot]net/webos-apps-software/223482-analysis-3d-game-crashes.html#post2138931
    (Sorry, I need more posts before I can post links. It's just a link to the quote above.)

That guy wins. It worked for me. I agree, it's lame to have a workaround but at least now we can continue until it's fixed.
    So do you guys think an update will fix this issue?
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    I'm pretty confident that an update would fix it. But of course, I'm not a programmer.