View Poll Results: should we be able to vote threads for deletion?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

    11 32.35%
  • NO

    17 50.00%
  • Who's Joni and Chachie?

    6 17.65%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    i know i would be gone with my feeble attempt at humor
    Was that a joke?
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Doing this from the Pre. It's easier to quote the whole thing (just orange button and swipe down to the end), even though I may or may not want to.
    Easier, perhaps. More annoying to everyone else, absolutely.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Eas i er, perhaps. More anyoying to everyone else, absolutely.
    That sounds like a complaint.
  4. #24  
    Aaah... so what everyone is trying to say is that the mods are not doing their job. interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    exactly,

    however i was wondering if it was a way to draw attention to the mods for them to make judgement and throw the first stone, and i guess last for all that matters
  5. #25  
    My idea...if the post is heavily down rated via the star system, hide it. Kind of like they do with comment systems (like Engadget).
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Aaah... so what everyone is trying to say is that the mods are not doing their job. interesting.
    No. Not everybody.
  7. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    You can report a post that is dumb/stupid/moronic/duplicate/mean/rude/crude/evil/beets/bears/battlestargalactica

    That is kinda like voting. We then look at the post to see if it warrants any action.

    Also, you can vote on a thread using the stars...
    Or simply choose not participate in a thread that they have no interest in. Uninteresting threads sink pretty quick, so it's always surprising to see a person jump into dumb/stupid/moronic/duplicate/etc subject only to tell them to stop complaining. If a thread is clearly labeled (and most are) then it's pretty easy to avoid the topics that don't interest you.
  8. #28  
    then trolls will down rate the real good posts and they will give full stars to their own posts. that will work.

    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    My idea...if the post is heavily down rated via the star system, hide it. Kind of like they do with comment systems (like Engadget).
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    then trolls will down rate the real good posts and they will give full stars to their own posts. that will work.
    Good point....put my idea in the rubbish bin.
  10. #30  
    To Mods just have to do a better job a closing threads, moving threads and combining threads. Also, if regular forum users give people a hard time when they post a thread that already exists, the problem usually goes away.
  11. #31  
    yeah!!!!!

    MODS!! DO YOUR JOB!! DO YOUR JOB!! DO YOUR JOB!!

    forget the joni and chachi option...

    add in an option...

    MODS!! DO YOUR JOB!! DO YOUR JOB!! DO YOUR JOB!!

    then I'll vote (note to mod... just joking so dont ban me again)

    Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post
    To Mods just have to do a better job a closing threads, moving threads and combining threads. Also, if regular forum users give people a hard time when they post a thread that already exists, the problem usually goes away.
  12. #32  
    or add a choice

    4. Vote to remove THIS thread

    btw... I give this thread 5 stars.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    exactly,

    however i was wondering if it was a way to draw attention to the mods for them to make judgement and throw the first stone, and i guess last for all that matters
    There is already a way to draw attention to the mods -- just press that triangle with the exclamation point in the lower left corner of the "offending" post and it will bring up a PM form to the mods. If people would do this more often, there would be a lot less flaming.
  14. #34  
    I voted NO. That's what moderators are for. Offensive and out of control threads get locked and sink to the abyss.
  15. #35  
    We are free to complain about bad threads.

    The trolls are free to complain about our complaints.

    And we are free to complain about the trolls' complaints about our complaining.

    Bottom line, even though there are some things I don't agree with on here, I don't think it's fair to give the masses the ability to actually remove content.
  16. #36  
    EXACTLY

    you see this post was created yesterday and less than 24 hours later it was sinking into the abyss and already on page 5!

    goes to show... when people think threads are crappy, they take care of themselves in quick order.

    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Or simply choose not participate in a thread that they have no interest in. Uninteresting threads sink pretty quick, so it's always surprising to see a person jump into dumb/stupid/moronic/duplicate/etc subject only to tell them to stop complaining. If a thread is clearly labeled (and most are) then it's pretty easy to avoid the topics that don't interest you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions