Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Just wondering if any brightsparks out there have an idea how I could get NFS working on my GSM ?

I've upgraded to the sprint firmware but it's still sadly listing the UK App cat.. anyone got any suggestions ?

Many thanks,

Steve
    Fly to the USA. Buy a Pre from Sprint. Download NFS. Make a backup of your Pre. Fly back to England. Open your GMS Pre, with Sprint Firmware. Login with your account-data uses in the US-Pre and download the files from the backup. That COULD work
    Johndid...
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoes View Post
    Fly to the USA. Buy a Pre from Sprint. Download NFS. Make a backup of your Pre. Fly back to England. Open your GMS Pre, with Sprint Firmware. Login with your account-data uses in the US-Pre and download the files from the backup. That COULD work
    I actually had a Sprint Pre for about six months, moved to Europe and bought a GSM Pre. Logged in with my old profile, but it still switched to the European feed..
    And you didn't get the Apps that you have bought with your Sprint Pre on your new Pre?
    nfs is already present in the kernel - just run the mount command from terminal and you can connect to your nfs filesystems.
    haha... that really got me smiling
    thanks for the seriouse replies guys, we over here in the uk are always behind the us, only 2updates out of the 6 and no good apps!!!
    Last edited by pogeypre; 01/10/2010 at 10:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by phil.hsr View Post
    thanks for the seriouse replies guys, we over here in the uk are always behind the us, only 2updates out of the 6 and no good apps!!!
    nothing!
    all the "hackers/homebrew" fellows are in the US, and they've got the games, so why would they bother
    Last edited by pogeypre; 01/10/2010 at 10:55 AM.
    it does suck to be behind in the UK

when is the paid app catalogue coming?
    I'm guessing we wont get 1.3.5(.1) and we will just get 1.4 in March or something I dont want to wait that long!!
    I know that no one can stop piracy forever, but if you like Palm and WebOs as a platform, it makes no sense to cripple it by removing the reason for posting apps in the first place.... money.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I know that no one can stop piracy forever, but if you like Palm and WebOs as a platform, it makes no sense to cripple it by removing the reason for posting apps in the first place.... money.
    All we want is to hand over 's and euros for these apps!
    Sounds good to me. As a budding developer, I would be more than willing to have you pay for something I create. I can't make Palm hurry up, though. So we wait.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

its possible today in america, legally
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    nothing!
    all the "hackers/homebrew" fellows are in the US, and they've got the games, so why would they bother
    Um, I live in Australia, and consider myself one of "all the hackers/homebrew fellows" ...

There is no legitimate way to run NFS on a GSM Pre, unless you have purchased it using your CDMA Pre and a US credit or debit card.

There are plenty of illegitimate ways, but I won't be disclosing any of those of course.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Um, I live in Australia, and consider myself one of "all the hackers/homebrew fellows" ...

There is no legitimate way to run NFS on a GSM Pre, unless you have purchased it using your CDMA Pre and a US credit or debit card.

There are plenty of illegitimate ways, but I won't be disclosing any of those of course.

-- Rod
    Mittens: Naahhh, Bolt. If you don't have super powers, it's OK. ;-)
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    now Rod.. your just a big tease ;-) Kudos to u though m8 !

p.s is it any good ?
    Just to clarify (in case anyone gets the wrong idea) ...

I purchased Need For Speed and X-Plane 9, using a US Visa Debit Card purchased for me by a US colleague, and added to a Sprint CDMA Palm Profile.

Happy with both purchases.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals