Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaJo View Post
    Sorry for the potentially dumb question, but how does one apply a patch, as in #16 above?
    Webos Quick Install
    "No downside"? Are you guys serious? It's called saving electricity.

Zinge's "reset button" is easily adaptable to become a "shutdown" button instead, I could copy the app and change the one line of code easily enough but since it's his app, I won't. I suggest sending him a message and then if he doesn't reply I'll write you a patch for his app. Or something.
    Here is two step version. It replaces "Power" with "Shutdown" in the first popup.

Edit:
    And a version that also replaces Flightmode with "Reset". I think I'm going to use that one myself.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by frause; 01/08/2010 at 04:11 PM.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Put it in airplane mode for the night and that'll save batteries, get no calls or alerts.
    You are joking, right?
    no 'Thanks'
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    "No downside"? Are you guys serious? It's called saving electricity.

Zinge's "reset button" is easily adaptable to become a "shutdown" button instead, I could copy the app and change the one line of code easily enough but since it's his app, I won't. I suggest sending him a message and then if he doesn't reply I'll write you a patch for his app. Or something.
    We're talking maybe one dollar per year that's wasted here---I doubt too many people would get upset over this.
    no 'Thanks'
    I agree this is so effing annoying, before all the updates, the original Pre, it only took two steps, it is so effing annoying to go through so many steps. Especially with all the issues, like when the headset is on speaker only, or there are issues with too many cards open, or the music player doesn't work right or something.

I have so many issues with the phone, I love WebOS, but the PRE on sprint just is the worst quality build. I have the oreo effect, I am beginning to have a cracked screen although I just got this Pre, 5th replacement.
    I have one of Jason's patches installed that only requires holding the button down, then tapping "shut down". I'll upload a pic once its done turning back on. I was counting how many steps it took
    EDIT: posted screenie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12