Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Ok so during my update to 1.3.5.1 I DID remove all patches/themes/tweaks ran the EPR twice i think, updated, blah blah

    Everything seems to be in order except one: The New Card per Convo patch

    It won't let me update it b/c it says I have to remove it (which I thought I did)

    It won't let me remove it b/c it says in the error log the patch does not exist.

    WHAT the funk is going on here? is there a way to locate/remove the patch manually? although the Pre says it's not there -- where is it?

    help!
  2. JoshMend's Avatar
    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    #2  
    Did you install that one via Quick Install instead of Preware? If so, try opening QI, then Device Management, then Patches and see if it's still there. Happened to me even when I ran EPR from Preware.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshMend View Post
    Did you install that one via Quick Install instead of Preware? If so, try opening QI, then Device Management, then Patches and see if it's still there. Happened to me even when I ran EPR from Preware.
    Good call -- brb
  4. JoshMend's Avatar
    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    #4  
    If that doesn't work, try running EPR from Quick Install (instead of Preware) - sometimes Quick Install is a bit more, um, forceful about cleaning stuff up.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshMend View Post
    Did you install that one via Quick Install instead of Preware? If so, try opening QI, then Device Management, then Patches and see if it's still there. Happened to me even when I ran EPR from Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshMend View Post
    If that doesn't work, try running EPR from Quick Install (instead of Preware) - sometimes Quick Install is a bit more, um, forceful about cleaning stuff up.

    In QI it says it was installed -- i unchecked it and checked it again and got an error ugh..

    i don't wanna run EPR and lose all my patches again just for one. do you think that's the only option?
  6. JoshMend's Avatar
    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    #6  
    Dang. Well, can you live knowing that there's one patch messed up inside the bowels of your Pre? :-P
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    In QI it says it was installed -- i unchecked it and checked it again and got an error ugh..

    i don't wanna run EPR and lose all my patches again just for one. do you think that's the only option?

    That should have done it even though you get the error. QI will often do that and still remove it. check again and see.
  8. #8  
    another way to do this is to try and reapply the patch again in QI and it will say error file path name: "blah/blah/blah" has already been created. write the name down. than go tools/ delete file/ directory. select directory. type in the file path and click delete.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    In QI it says it was installed -- i unchecked it and checked it again and got an error ugh..

    i don't wanna run EPR and lose all my patches again just for one. do you think that's the only option?
    open QuickInstall and go to device management. Chech the box next to any patch you have installed and choose 'remove'. You may get a big error msg as it works through the patches. Don't worry, just click OK. When this is completed, reboot your phone. Your patches should then be fine to reinstall. Good luck!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    open QuickInstall and go to device management. Chech the box next to any patch you have installed and choose 'remove'. You may get a big error msg as it works through the patches. Don't worry, just click OK. When this is completed, reboot your phone. Your patches should then be fine to reinstall. Good luck!

    Interesting fix - however when I select patches from the drop down list nothing comes up -- just blank.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    Interesting fix - however when I select patches from the drop down list nothing comes up -- just blank.
    The patches won't show up under "Patches." Look under Applications and you will see them there.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshMend View Post
    Did you install that one via Quick Install instead of Preware? If so, try opening QI, then Device Management, then Patches and see if it's still there. Happened to me even when I ran EPR from Preware.
    thnks 4 that i installed the 34x4 icons,thought it would b cool but i didnt like it and wanted 2 remove it without removing everything

    thnks agen

Posting Permissions