Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Not that im one for condoning pirating, but is there anyway / any sites to get USA apps downloads for the GSM Pre??

I'm thinking about the paid apps & free apps. Maybe a Warez site or forum??

Games like The Sims 3 would be great. I have no problems paying for them when they launch in March, but i really dont want to wait to try out some of the apps.

Thanx in advance.
    *sigh* do you know any forum that would allow posting links to warez sites?

I'd be interested in the free apps that are missing from the european market myself though... I'd rather NOT have the paid apps with it, only brings problems
    Nah, not a nice request.

The request should be the other message you posted, a patch so we non-US users can get the paid apps (paying, of course).

I have contacted devs directly. and they have been nice enough to send me the files directly, and i either pay them via paypal, or they give it to me for free until the app catalog goes full here and then i will buy it then.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    so you contacted ea then?
    Quote Originally Posted by soulashell View Post
    LOL!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    After thinking about it, a Patch or hack would be better. I have no problems paying for the apps. I shall investigate this option
    I wonder, wouldn't it be possible to make the Pre use a SOCKS proxy for it's requests? That would solve a lot..
    My Palm History (in order): IIIe SE, m130, Tungsten|T, m505, Tungsten|T3, Zire 71, m505 (owned two different ones), Zire 72, Tungsten|C, T|X, Treo 650.
    After that I got a Apple iPhone 3G, Palm Pre (GSM), Google Nexus One.
    I would also pay for the games and programs in the App Catalog.

They are not expensive at all.

If the companies want to make money they have to let everyone buy the games. Not just make it a region thing. I have read posts where many in USA find the games and programs to be expensive when the games actually are not expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by soulashell View Post
    devs of smaller apps, but still decent games youd normally have to play for, or utility apps such as the itunes remote/
    The web distribution of webOS apps is already active and we can begin buying apps for our pre's directly on the web already. Obviously it's very early days so only a few vendors are doing it but chapura is already doing it.
    try Chapura from the pre browser - pretty cool...no app catalog "www.chapura.com/apps"
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    The web distribution of webOS apps is already active and we can begin buying apps for our pre's directly on the web already. Obviously it's very early days so only a few vendors are doing it but chapura is already doing it.
    try Chapura from the pre browser - pretty cool...no app catalog "www.chapura.com/apps"

I went to the site and can only find these 2 programs:

1) Pocket Mirror
    2) Echo for Palm Desktop 6.2.2
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    I have a GSM Pre running on T-mobile and i see 1 thousand something apps on the app catalog. I have the Sprint ROM 1.3.5.1

I created a profile on my friends Sprint Pre and then logged into mine and i see everything. Even the new games

PM me if you need help.Heres a screenshot

Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meCka View Post
    I have a GSM Pre running on T-mobile and i see 1 thousand something apps on the app catalog. I have the Sprint ROM 1.3.5.1

I created a profile on my friends Sprint Pre and then logged into mine and i see everything. Even the new games
    Sadly this only works in the US..
    sure? My friend bought his here in Mexico
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    sure? My friend bought his here in Mexico
    Well, it doesn't work in Europe. I tried it with two US accounts. Both don't show paid apps in Europe.