1.    #1  
    This forum has grown so much and there is so much information, sometimes it can be difficult to find a simple answer. Still love it though.

Question: Used Emergency Patch Removal tool and removed what few patches I had installed. Updated to 1.3.5.1. Is there a way to reinstall my patches after the update? This is not clear anywhere I can find outside of merely reinstalling each one. If so this is a pain and will certainly make me reconsider installing anymore in the future. To boot, my Preware is crapping out and can't download feeds, rendering it useless. This has become very frustrating to say the least.
    As for busted Preware - the info is out there, you just have to search. I took a break from patching once 1.3.5 dropped and I Doctored it, so I can't help you there.

But AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $you$ $just$ $have$ $to$ $reinstall$ $every$ $patch$ $you$ $had$ $before$ $the$ $update$ $manually$. $I$ $used$ $to$ $write$ $down$ $the$ $ones$ $I$ $had$ $installed$, $so$ $I$ $wouldn$'$t$ $forget$ $which$ $ones$ $to$ $lookup$ $and$ $replace$.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    As for busted Preware - the info is out there, you just have to search. I took a break from patching once 1.3.5 dropped and I Doctored it, so I can't help you there.

But AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $you$ $just$ $have$ $to$ $reinstall$ $every$ $patch$ $you$ $had$ $before$ $the$ $update$ $manually$. $I$ $used$ $to$ $write$ $down$ $the$ $ones$ $I$ $had$ $installed$, $so$ $I$ $wouldn$'$t$ $forget$ $which$ $ones$ $to$ $lookup$ $and$ $replace$.
    Yeah you just have to reinstall all of your patches manually. What I usually do is take screen shots of my installed patches in Preware before I run the Emergency Patch Tool. Then once the update is complete I just look at the screen shots to figure out which ones I want to reinstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by parout View Post
    This forum has grown so much and there is so much information, sometimes it can be difficult to find a simple answer. Still love it though.

Question: Used Emergency Patch Removal tool and removed what few patches I had installed. Updated to 1.3.5.1. Is there a way to reinstall my patches after the update? This is not clear anywhere I can find outside of merely reinstalling each one. If so this is a pain and will certainly make me reconsider installing anymore in the future. To boot, my Preware is crapping out and can't download feeds, rendering it useless. This has become very frustrating to say the least.
    It is frustrating, but it's worth it to have the ability to completely personalize you pre how you want it. And really, it doesn't take all that long in the grand scheme of things.
    On the bright side, webosinternals is working on updating preware so you won't have to uninstall and reinstall your patches before and after an update. Keep an ear open for upcoming news.

On a side note, instead of complaining about what a pain it is to deal with these issues, we should all give props to what webosinternals and individual patchers are doing. Without their hard work there wouldn't even be patches, and you'd still be stuck with an unmodified stock pre with a green dialer. Not sure about you, but I don't think I could look at that any longer than the time it takes for me to re-tweak it since I've been able to skin it how I want.
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post

On a side note, instead of complaining about what a pain it is to deal with these issues, we should all give props to what webosinternals and individual patchers are doing. Without their hard work there wouldn't even be patches, and you'd still be stuck with an unmodified stock pre with a green dialer. Not sure about you, but I don't think I could look at that any longer than the time it takes for me to re-tweak it since I've been able to skin it how I want.
    +1 this ish isn't easy.
    There's been mention of work on a more automated method of re-applying patches, but I don't believe anything has surfaced yet. It's certainly an issue with the updates coming fast and furious (which is a good thing) ... my approach has been to only apply patches which are "necessary" for me.

Don't know about Preware problems. One trick for searching is to chose "advanced" and then search "titles only". That usually gets closer to the threads that you're looking for.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    It is frustrating, but it's worth it to have the ability to completely personalize you pre how you want it. And really, it doesn't take all that long in the grand scheme of things.
    On the bright side, webosinternals is working on updating preware so you won't have to uninstall and reinstall your patches before and after an update. Keep an ear open for upcoming news.

I guess in the grand scheme of things you are correct. Better to have this problem then have no ability to tweak.
    It really doesn't take that long to retweak. I just go to "all" under patches and start installing. I do them all and then restart the phone. Using WebOsQuickinstall is fast too. I've done it both ways and neither takes that long.