Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Version wireless is too damn expensive
    For most people Sprint is cheaper, but Verizon has better coverage. No one answer is right for everyone... for me, I get the coverage I need from Sprint, so there is no logical reason for me to pay more for Verizon. I have friends however that travel in areas that don't have good Sprint coverage, for them the extra cost is justified and even necessary.

There are exceptions to this, just like every rule, but the best advice I can give is to make sure your phone will work where you need it to, then choose the company that can deliver that at the best value.
    I would only give up Sprint if I moved to a bad coverage area. Otherwise, I have a 3-smartphone family plan for $125. Sure my son might not need much data, but it's there. I have no worries about overages on ANYTHING. I have been with Sprint since 2003. I've been through 9 phones and 4 plans (including the beloved SERO). I would not trade where I am at right now. Especially once my 12 month upgrade kicks in March 1st and I get my hands on my Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    When I left Verizon, my last bill for a smartphone and a regualar phone with all of the hidden fees was over $180.
    Same here i was paying 180+ "ONLY ONE PHONE" with verizon thats a car payment every month. I had to pay early term fee 200 bucks at the time. made that back in 4 months time and have been saving ever since.
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    I came to sprint from ATT. Overall, they cost a lot less, and coverage is decent. With one caveat. With ATT, I could forward to my landline when I was at home. That was nice. If you do that with sprint, it will cost you $.20 a minute!!! Sprint is the only carrier that charges for call forwarding in this manner. I wouldn't mind my minutes being used, or a single $.20 per forwarded call, but PER MINUTE? Ugh.
    That would be a deal breaker for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by torourke View Post
    I thought sprint got rid of this charge in November...
    pretty sure that's only with the use of Google Voice.
    Actually, they allow "Conditional Forwarding" for free now. "Unconditional Forwarding" is still subject to the $0.20/min charge.

What's the difference?
    Conditional forwarding - Forwarding the call if the line is busy or if there is no answer. (*73,*74,*28)
    Unconditional forwarding - Immediate forwarding of the call to a different number. (*72)

Conditional forwarding is not limited to forwarding to Google Voice to my knowledge, so if you were to conditional forward to your home number, it would forward there if you did not pick up the call on your Pre. Messages would then be on your answering machine at home if the call is unanswered at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by torourke View Post
    I thought sprint got rid of this charge in November...
    Only for conditional forwarding (voicemail). If you forward all calls, you will get charged $.20 per minute for every call.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Roaming on verizon network is free with sprint and you can roam the sprint network free with verizon. Whose network is Verizon roaming on in CTA subway? i don't understand. If sprint has no coverage in the subway then the phone will roam the verizon network with data so what is there to lose?
    A few years ago I was told by someone I knew who worked at Sprint that Sprint customers are able to roam on all of Verizons network. Basically the Sprint network coverage area includes all of Verizons network. Is this true? Also, on Christmas my mom left her Verizon phone at my house and I brought it back to her a few days later. The 1 hour road trip was through some "rural" areas in MA so I was curious to see if her phone would have better coverage in those areas. I made sure her phone allowed roaming and it seemed like her phone couldn't roam onto Sprint but I could roam onto Verizon. Is this possible? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Only for conditional forwarding (voicemail). If you forward all calls, you will get charged $.20 per minute for every call.
    So much for Sprints "Everything" plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    So much for Sprints "Everything" plans.
    looking at their website for the Simply Everything and Everything Data plans it says....

Call Forwarding: Unlimited forwarding of incoming calls to the phone number you specify.
    For the Everything Plus Messaging it says....

Call Forwarding: Forward incoming calls to the phone number you specify. ($0.20/minute).
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234