Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I think you need to check again! BigRed does not offer any unlimited plans for 129.99 w/ data!

129.99 1350 mins w/ data
    149.99 unlimited w/ data
    Not sure what zip code your in.... but here you go....

Nationwide Connect

Unlimited Text, Picture, Video & Instant Messaging
    Mobile Email
    Unlimited Data for Mobile Web and Get it Now/Media Center
    Unlimited calling to all 80 million Verizon Wireless customers
    Unlimited Night & Weekend Minutes
    No Domestic Long Distance Charges

Unlimited Minutes $129.99

Verizon Plan Information

Or

Verizon Plan Information

These are the closest plans I can compare to my sprint unlimited, the only difference is the fact that there is no vznavigator.
    www.lgwebos.com user to user support.
    mobile web is for feature/dumb phones, not smartphones or blackberry's.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    mobile web is for feature/dumb phones, not smartphones or blackberry's.
    That may be....but it's the same price for the second plan I posted there...

As I understood it when talking with verizon, you only needed a smart phone plan if you were using a blackberry, not an omnia or other feature rich phone (at the time)..I guess we'll see what plan they pair the pre plus to. Regardless, they are both $129.99 there..
    www.lgwebos.com user to user support.
    I compared plans on Verizon and Sprint just the other day. We have the everyting data plan and it would have cost us (3 lines) $60. more a month on Verizon.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmboy View Post
    That may be....but it's the same price for the second plan I posted there...

As I understood it when talking with verizon, you only needed a smart phone plan if you were using a blackberry, not an omnia or other feature rich phone (at the time)..I guess we'll see what plan they pair the pre plus to. Regardless, they are both $129.99 there..
    that hasnt been the case for close to 2 years now.

your links dont work.

bottom line, you need the $30/month data add on.

they will pair the Pre to their data plans just like every other smartphone.
    The big thing I noticed between Sprint and the bigger 2 was the corp discounts.
    Sprint will discount everything except for the equpment insurance, The other 2 only discount the "primary" line

example (very arbitrary numbers):
    $80 family plan

Sprint:
    60 - 10% Primary + 20 - 10% secondary = 54+18 = $72
    Verizon and AT&T:
    60 - 10% Primary + 20 = 54+20 = $74

Also none of the additions are discounted, you want messaging for $5 per month, you will pay the full $5, etc....

Just an observation I made 2 years ago when I decided to try Sprint. Its something to look at.

PJ
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Like many things the devil is in the details...

I converted to Sprint from Verison back in July specifically to get the Palm Pre. However, when I looked at moving my wife and daughter over to Sprint I was shocked to learn that they would all have to get unlimited data plans. Neither needs data, so when I heard the rumors that the Pre was coming to Verizon I looked at what a family plan would be on Verizon. I was surprised to see that I could actually save a bunch of money by going to Verizon. In fact, I already moved my wife and daughter to Verizon and plan on joining them on their familiy plan when the Pixi Plus is available.

Here is what the simple math looks like for my situation:

Verizon:
    Nationwide Basic Family (700 Minutes): $70
    Additional lines: $10
    Data: $30
    Monthly Cost: $110

Sprint EDF:
    Unlimited family data/messages (1500 minutes): $130
    Additional lines: $20
    Data: $0
    Monthly Cost: $150

So, in my case Verizon costs $40 less a month. Sure I'm getting a lot less minutes and no SMS, but I don't need either. I also don't need the Navigation or any of the other extras that Sprint has.

Obviously, I haven't yet made the move to a Verizon Palm Pixi Plus yet, but I hope my math is correct.
    When I was on AT&T they looked at each phone as a separate charge

You need to look at your situation, and go to a store to check what it would cost you to get what you want to really compare....

PJ
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    Like many things the devil is in the details...

I converted to Sprint from Verison back in July specifically to get the Palm Pre. However, when I looked at moving my wife and daughter over to Sprint I was shocked to learn that they would all have to get unlimited data plans. Neither needs data, so when I heard the rumors that the Pre was coming to Verizon I looked at what a family plan would be on Verizon. I was surprised to see that I could actually save a bunch of money by going to Verizon. In fact, I already moved my wife and daughter to Verizon and plan on joining them on their familiy plan when the Pixi Plus is available.

Here is what the simple math looks like for my situation:

Verizon:
    Nationwide Basic Family (700 Minutes): $70
    Additional lines: $10
    Data: $30
    Monthly Cost: $110

Sprint EDF:
    Unlimited family data/messages (1500 minutes): $130
    Additional lines: $20
    Data: $0
    Monthly Cost: $150

So, in my case Verizon costs $40 less a month. Sure I'm getting a lot less minutes and no SMS, but I don't need either. I also don't need the Navigation or any of the other extras that Sprint has.

Obviously, I haven't yet made the move to a Verizon Palm Pixi Plus yet, but I hope my math is correct.
    its about right, sprint has no family plan with only 700 minutes. Maybe sprint should consider adding it since its now offering free mobile to mobile, such that plan minutes will be reduced.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    WHat about text messaging? No matter how you try and slice it verizon is a lot more expensive. Maybe you plan to spend 0.20 per text. On verizon night starts at 9pm compared to Sprint 7pm. I hope that 700 minutes will work for three of you. For $40.00 your whole family receives text, internet, unlimited mobile calling and gps. Hell you can even get the regular family plan for 69.99 and everythign plan for 69.99 and pay a total of 139.99. Sprint is really flexible with these kind of things you should have given them a call.
    Good point. If I decided to get unlimited texting on Verizon I would need to pay an additional $30/mo with Verizon, but I would still be $10 cheaper than Verizon. The other thing is that the Sprint reception at my house is a bit touch and go. Some of that may be been due to the Pre, but that is something I won't have to worry about with Verizon.
    Good point. If I decided to get unlimited texting on Verizon I would need to pay an additional $30/mo with Verizon, but I would still be $10 cheaper than Verizon. The other thing is that the Sprint reception at my house is a bit touch and go. Some of that may be been due to the Pre, but that is something I won't have to worry about with Verizon.
    If reception is touch and go at your house, you could get Sprint to give you an airave for free most likely. Also, have you looked into getting a monthly service discount with Sprint? Chances are your company has a discount or something like that.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    If reception is touch and go at your house, you could get Sprint to give you an airave for free most likely. Also, have you looked into getting a monthly service discount with Sprint? Chances are your company has a discount or something like that.
    I get good company discounts at either. I heard about the Airave and would have looked into more if Sprint were actually cheaper than Verizon. I did a little googling and got the impression that the Airave is not a free and simple plug-and-play upgrade.
    I get good company discounts at either. I heard about the Airave and would have looked into more if Sprint were actually cheaper than Verizon. I did a little googling and got the impression that the Airave is not a free and simple plug-and-play upgrade.
    Well, for some, it's free. And aside from that, it is simple plug-and-play.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aceattorney View Post
    Well, for some, it's free. And aside from that, it is simple plug-and-play.
    What are the requirements for getting it free? All of the reviews I've read on the web say that it is $5-15. It sounds like most people really like the Airave. The one problem I read about was people getting occasional dropped calls when moving from the Airave to the Sprint network when leaving home. Maybe that problem has been fixed.
    What are the requirements for getting it free? All of the reviews I've read on the web say that it is $5-15. It sounds like most people really like the Airave. The one problem I read about was people getting occasional dropped calls when moving from the Airave to the Sprint network when leaving home. Maybe that problem has been fixed.
    No idea what the requirements are, but I'm a Premier customer and have a horrible signal in my area.
  16.    #56  
    as the OP, I wanted to tahnk everyone for their input! Bottom line, I need to convince my wife that a smartphone is the way to go and then Sprint is the obvious choice! Counting the days until my VZ contract is up!!
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    every experience I've had with verizon has been horrible. It pricey and the 3g is not even close to sprint. My wife has an omnia and it is in 1x all the time. I go in there and they try and tell me it is supposed to be in 1x unless I'm on the net then it goes to EV. They jerked my wife around when she went in by herself cause she doesn't know a lot. When the rep realized I wasn't an ***** his whole attitude changed and we finally got something done. If you have good sprint signal where you live and don't travel much sprint is easily better than verizon.
    I came to sprint from ATT. Overall, they cost a lot less, and coverage is decent. With one caveat. With ATT, I could forward to my landline when I was at home. That was nice. If you do that with sprint, it will cost you $.20 a minute!!! Sprint is the only carrier that charges for call forwarding in this manner. I wouldn't mind my minutes being used, or a single $.20 per forwarded call, but PER MINUTE? Ugh.
    I thought the standard unlimited texting on Vz select plans, are ONLY unlimited if texted to another Vz mobile, unless you pay $20 more of unlimited to other carriers! See thats where Vz gets you, they say Unlimited, but limited only to Vz customers mobile only, and if you like to text other carriers, gotta cough up some more cash.... I swear!

Vz-Plan:
    450 Mins. - $59.99
    -Included Unlimited Txt, pics, vids
    -Data/Email - $29.99
    -Insurance - $6.00
    -Detailed Billing - $1.99
    -vCast/GPS - $14.99
    Total= $114.97 + Taxes
    Total= $99.98 + Taxes (Without vCast/GPS)

Sprints Plan:
    450 Mins. - $69.99
    -Included Unlimited Txt, pics, vids
    -Data/Email - $0.00-INCLUDED
    -Insurance - $7.00
    -Detailed Billing - $0.00-INCLUDED
    -GPS/Power Vision - $0.00-INCLUDED
    Total= $76.99 + Taxes

Yes Sprint has a better suited and cheaper plans for smartphone users, but if you dont need all that fancy features, Sprint does offer Messaging 450 with unlimited txt and pics for $49.99. But if you want "The Works" Sprint Everything 450 is the way to go... And Yes Vz has better voice and 3G coverage, but I'd never trade my Sprint plan (Everything 450) for their coverage, in fact, Sprint has really good coverage in the SF Bay Area so yeah... just keeping it real!
    Last edited by Palmac06; 01/11/2010 at 01:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    I came to sprint from ATT. Overall, they cost a lot less, and coverage is decent. With one caveat. With ATT, I could forward to my landline when I was at home. That was nice. If you do that with sprint, it will cost you $.20 a minute!!! Sprint is the only carrier that charges for call forwarding in this manner. I wouldn't mind my minutes being used, or a single $.20 per forwarded call, but PER MINUTE? Ugh.
    I thought sprint got rid of this charge in November...
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast