1.    #1  
    When i use Google Maps, GPS tracking stops when i switch off the screen. Is this behaviour the same on 1.3.5 (i am still on 1.3.1, GSM Pre)? Its pretty annoying because i like to deactivate the screen while walking around and navigating (just to conserve battery). Well besides that i really would like to have a native Google Maps application with cached data, faster loadtime and so on (but i already mentioned that in another thread)....a serial bluetooth profile to attach an external GPS receiver would also be nice...
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    1.3.5.1 Pre in the States here, and I've seen this historically also. I just tried it on 1.3.5.1 and it is re-acquiring within about 10 seconds of reactivating the screen like a normal GPS receiver re-acquiring the sats quickly (typical GPS receivers will reacquire quickly if it has acquired a location fix within the past few hours), so I doubt that the Pre is doing anything different.

Yeah, I miss TomTom on my Treo as I'm not a fan on the whole downloading-the-map-as-you-go thing, but one thing for sure, I never have to worry about having up-to-date maps or the right states!