1.    #1  
    Ok i slid it open and got into the browser. It started zooming and closing, scrolling and turning all these weird things wihtout me doing anything. So I restarted it and when It was starting back up, the gesture area and the button started lighting up and flashing and the lights on the right and left wer flashing on and off. When it finally started the machine started contacts, email, calender, almost 12 apps all one right after another. When I touch the screen the little circles pop up in 5 different places!!! What the hell is going on!!! :-( im so sad!!!
    Pull the battery and let it sit for 10 seconds, then put it back together, fire it up, and see if that helps. If not then I think it's time to call the Ghost Busters (or Sprint).
    Mine started doing the same thing after the last patch. it only does it if I don't have a connection to cell service (I can't get it in my building at work).
    I don't think its dying, its just sick. Do you have any patches installed? if so remove them and reinstall them.
    ...before going to Sprint you should try to web doctor your phone.
    I've also had this same problem for a few days now as well. It's like a ghost is controlling the phone at times. When I slide open the phone sometimes those touch circles start appearing everywhere and apps start opening and closing. I can't seem to touch anything on the upper third of the touchscreen. Like when I open the phone app, I can't even click on the "missed calls" button.

I've tried taking the battery out and putting it back in, but to no avail. I don't think I've installed any patches other than the WebOS ones Sprint sends out... Should I still try to web doctor it?? I'm not even sure what that means at this point, but I'll try to do some research...
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Try cleaning the screen with a clean microfiber cloth theb reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredtacular View Post
    I've also had this same problem for a few days now as well. It's like a ghost is controlling the phone at times. When I slide open the phone sometimes those touch circles start appearing everywhere and apps start opening and closing. I can't seem to touch anything on the upper third of the touchscreen. Like when I open the phone app, I can't even click on the "missed calls" button.

I've tried taking the battery out and putting it back in, but to no avail. I don't think I've installed any patches other than the WebOS ones Sprint sends out... Should I still try to web doctor it?? I'm not even sure what that means at this point, but I'll try to do some research...
    I had this same problem and actually exclaimed "a ghost is controlling my phone!"

Edit: Had Pre since day 1 and the only patch I have is the LED notification.

It only started happening a few days ago and I've actually been able to re-create the problem. I've started using gchat which I didn't before, and the problem seems to happen when I leave a conversation open for a long period of time.

It will first scroll through the conversation, then open apps, and then the right side of my screen will be dead. I can open apps from my dock that are on the left, but nothing on the right will work. If I lock the screen and unlock it the problem goes away.

Are any others able to re-create this?

Edit: Had Pre since launch and the only patch I have is the LED notification