Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    But with the Plus versions being exclusive to Verizon...
    Which I think means webos 2.0 will be launched with AT&T.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    Which I think means webos 2.0 will be launched with AT&T.
    and then sprint gets the Pre2 Plus? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    and then sprint gets the Pre2 Plus? lol
    my assumptions: Pre/Pixi 1 will be discontinued soon (1-3 months) and then Sprint will get the Pre/Pixi Plus. The around June/July WebOS 2.0 will be launched (with or w/o new form factor) to counter the new iphone. AT&T will have a short term exclusive on that (for 3 months or so).

This launch approach is similar to what BlackBerry has done with the bold/tour...and newer models of the curve.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    But with the Plus versions being exclusive to Verizon...
    As a ATT customer I'm glad b/c in June we'll get the Pre Plus Plus and the Pixi Plus Plus.

I'm joking but ATT will at least see the Pre Plus and Pixi Plus.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    As a ATT customer I'm glad b/c in June we'll get the Pre Plus Plus and the Pixi Plus Plus.

I'm joking but ATT will at least see the Pre Plus and Pixi Plus.
    I agree...
    Didn't this get announced a few days ago???
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post
    Yes. The OP is a bit late but I didn't want to mention it.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    If sprint gets the pre plus I will buy it asap and then I will buy the Pre2 in june.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post
    I thought the ATT talk the other day was just an educated rumor..Then I saw the Engadget report this morning and thought it was just now being officially announced.

forgive me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    my assumptions: Pre/Pixi 1 will be discontinued soon (1-3 months) and then Sprint will get the Pre/Pixi Plus. The around June/July WebOS 2.0 will be launched (with or w/o new form factor) to counter the new iphone. AT&T will have a short term exclusive on that (for 3 months or so).

This launch approach is similar to what BlackBerry has done with the bold/tour...and newer models of the curve.
    See, we can agree on a thing or two.

We all thought the Sprint exclusive was way too long, we seem to forget it was only 8 months (roughly). Even at that, Palm had to do what they had to do to stay in business. I don't see that happening again.

I think you've got the right pattern, but possibly shorter timeline on the Verizion exclusive. I wouldn't be surprised to see that go away as soon as Palm runs out of current stock. They might even pull back existing stock to add components.

I'm not quite as sure that AT&T will get the Pre2 (for want of a better term) before others, but that's a good possiblity to try to pull in some of those on the IPhence.

I suspect all three; Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T getting a Pre2 in July.
    Either Palm is waiting for that verizon exclusive to end or they got something cooking. My bets are on the Plus versions since AT&T mentions two devices.

“What about that deal with AT&T?” Kara asks, noting that the carrier essentially announced it earlier this week

Rubinstein dodges: “We have nothing to announce at this time.”

Kara asks if Palm would like to do a deal with AT&T (T).

“More distribution is better,” says Rubinstein.

“Well, you might want to talk to AT&T, then,” quips Kara. “Sounds like they’re interested.”
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Either Palm is waiting for that verizon exclusive to end or they got something cooking. My bets are on the Plus versions since AT&T mentions two devices.

“What about that deal with AT&T?” Kara asks, noting that the carrier essentially announced it earlier this week

Rubinstein dodges: “We have nothing to announce at this time.”

Kara asks if Palm would like to do a deal with AT&T (T).

“More distribution is better,” says Rubinstein.

“Well, you might want to talk to AT&T, then,” quips Kara. “Sounds like they’re interested.”
    I forgot that AT&T mentioned two devices. Hmm, I wonder if that means there won't be a third form factor? That might not be a bad thing, especially if WebOS 2.0 is super solid - the iPhone's form factor has not changed and that has not hurt Apple yet.

All I care about is Sprint getting the newest version of the Pre. Not a Pre Plus, but a Pre 2. I don't think any other carrier should have first dibs on it. I would be truly ****ed if Palm decided to go the Blackberry route and release the first version of a phone on one carrier and then the second on another, a la the Bold. Sure Sprint could get it later, but they were the first to have the Pre and they should be the first to have a "Pre 2".
    its interesting Palm didn't say anything.

I dont believe Palm has any exclusive with Verizon with Pre, maybe Pre Plus, but I imagine palm will push out Pre 2 on Sprint and ATT together, such that it doesn't have to maintain too many essentially similar products.
    Per Ralph De la Vega ".... first half of 2010". For AT&T to accomplish that, Verizon's exclusivity on the Pre Plus and Pixi Plus could only be a 6 month deal.

Time for a new thread for our predictions on the AT&T release date.

Let's start with mine, June 25th, 2010 ...

maybe Precentral will have a contest and award a brand new AT&T Pre Plus to the winner!!!!!
    What's really intriguing to me, is how Palm showed absolutely no interest towards AT&T at their event (not that I blame them). I really don't think there's a lot of love between the two companies since I wouldn't be surprised if AT&T has some kind of contract 'hook' with Apple that kept them from making any marketing promises to Palm. Apple is pretty controlling about that stuff.. but that's only my guess. Palm being offered at AT&T is great for Palm, but needed for AT&T with their exclusivity on the iPhone ending mid-year and Verizon picking it up. Kinda like a big chess game!

What I'm guessing will happen (but hoping not) is that Palm does what all the other phone manufacturers do... simply offer slightly different versions of the phone at each carrier... but none sporting a newer OS (webOS 2) over the other. Just slight form changes for marketing purposes. We shall see!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/09/2010 at 07:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    What's really intriguing to me, is how Palm showed absolutely no interest towards AT&T at their event (not that I blame them). I really don't think there's a lot of love between the two companies since I wouldn't be surprised if AT&T has some kind of contract 'hook' with Apple that kept them from making any marketing promises to Palm. Apple is pretty controlling about that stuff.. but that's only my guess. Palm being offered at AT&T is great for Palm, but needed for AT&T with their exclusivity on the iPhone ending mid-year and Verizon picking it up. Kinda like a big chess game!

What I'm guessing will happen (but hoping not) is that Palm does what all the other phone manufacturers do... simply offer slightly different versions of the phone at each carrier... but none sporting a newer OS (webOS 2) over the other. Just slight form changes for marketing purposes. We shall see!
    Not to defend AT&T but Android just grew up some only weeks ago with the Droid (which cost verizon some good advertising change). Now AT&T is jumping on it now that its worth doing. And Sprint had the exclusive on webOS.

I doubt Apple was holding AT&T from having other smartphones. AT&T probably didn't feel the NEED to given the iphone's success. AT&T did promise webOS devices this year last June.
    I think the pre2 will launch on the big three at the same time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast