1.    #1  
    I've never had an iphone or browsed their apps...how do the price of these new games in the App Catalog compare to the similar games in Apple's App Store?

Just curious...I think they are well worth the price and don't expect Palm or the developer to charge the same price for a new platform and smaller user base.
    NFS is $4.99 on Iphone and $9.99 on Pre (thats the biggest gap)
    Monopoly is $4.99 on iphone and $6.99 on Pre
    Oregon Trail is $4.99 on iphone and $5.99 on Pre
  3.    #3  
    Interesting. Wonder why the huge jump for NFS?

Wonder if all the anticipation this board created for it caused it? lol
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    NFS is $4.99 on Iphone and $9.99 on Pre (thats the biggest gap)
    Monopoly is $4.99 on iphone and $6.99 on Pre
    Oregon Trail is $4.99 on iphone and $5.99 on Pre
    Was NFS $4.99 from the start or did they lower the price after a while?
    It's also much less competition which is why they can sell them so low. As the number of devs with PDK games come in, the number of webOS users needs to rise to keep prices down. But still keep in mind, you got 50million plus iphone/ipod users compared to perhaps a million Pre users. That's just staggering.

What hurts is that these are Pre only games. If the Pixi's purpose was to gain more webOS users at a quick pace as a lure for devs, then it's just poorly thought out. The whole idea of the Pixi still seems like a dumb idea.
    if there were zilions of games, the price would be probably lowered.. but we have only nfs (and a few more)...
    1 million vs. 50 millions of potential customers is the difference.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I believe the app prices are the same they started out on the iphone as. They try to make as much $ as they can off the early adopters then will lower the price after they make enough $ and sales slow down. Basic business 101
    Glu Mobile's Glyder 2 is the same low price on both phones. $2.99
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Monopoly was always $4.99, I bought it when it first came out. Its disappointing (but expected, capitalism and all) that they are trying to get extra cash from us. I wonder, who is the extra money for? EA or Palm? Also, Where is the incentive to buy the Pre app if you have an ipod touch already? I just think it should be the same price.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Was NFS $4.99 from the start or did they lower the price after a while?
    Price was lowered. I have an Ipod touch with Need for Speed Underground on it....(terrific game by the way) and I paid $6.99. As previous poster mentioned basically the prices usually start out high and as an app has been out longer, the price comes down.