Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Anyone know what this is about I get it almost daily if i'm surfing on the net it actually stops working but I still have bars???? It's been recently in the past two weeks it started happening????
    I wouldnt worry too much, I have seen the same thing almost daily. Normally around the same time too. But it only last for maybe a couple seconds.

Seems like some hiccup in Sprints data network.
    I am not sure if its the same number (129) but i too get this same error. Almost 1-2 a day, never a big deal... just makes the noise so i think i got a text or something, but still would like to figure out what going on and fix it.

My wife never get this on her pixi btw...
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I get it too.... no biggy. Just a little disconnect.
    anyone find a fix for this? Seems to be happening to me more and more...
    I get the same error too, a couple times a day. It wouldn't be so bad if the sound were different. It makes me think I have a new email or my battery may be low!
    Just started happening about 2 days ago, about 7 or 8 times a day. It is starting to get annoying.
    I think this issue is effecting other things. I noticed since the last update that I somtimes dont get push email unless I manually sync. Most annoying, my visual voicemail app which ALWAYS notified me when I had voicemails has stopped working... I am crossing my fingers for a fix in the next update.
    "Your phone could not establish a data connection. Call Sprint for help (129)"

I have been getting this message about 10 to 12 times a day. It just started on my phone about 5 days ago and now does it all the time. The phone just chimes like you have a text mesg. and the error is there and gone in a second. some times I dont even see the message because it clears on its own. So far its just an annoyance but its pretty bad. Is anyone else having this same error?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by draggenballs View Post
    "Your phone could not establish a data connection. Call Sprint for help (129)"

I have been getting this message about 10 to 12 times a day. It just started on my phone about 5 days ago and now does it all the time. The phone just chimes like you have a text mesg. and the error is there and gone in a second. some times I dont even see the message because it clears on its own. So far its just an annoyance but its pretty bad. Is anyone else having this same error?
    I get it sometimes, perhaps once maybe twice a week. my dad gets it about 3 or 4 times a day. I think it has to do with your location. are you in a spot with very poor signal when it happens?
    I had this happen every 30 mins yesterday for the first time but it hasn't happened today. I think it's a network issue and there are some other threads on it.
    I get it a few times a day. I don't know why before the update this never happened. I always get good coverage in my area and according to the signal my phone is showing me Im getting good coverage when the error happens.
    i dont know if its a network issue or not because I have 3 pre's in the house and mine is the only one doing it. I can set my phone right next to my wifes phone and my phone will do it once or twice wile just sitting there and she has never seen her phone do it. I got the phone in july and untill a few days ago it never did it. my friend at work says his pre is doing it now too. I did a quick google serch and it looks like a pretty commen issue. I hope there is a fix. I may take it to the sprint store tomorow.
    I have been getting this error at least 15 times a day for the last 2 days. Called sprint and the rep "reset my data profile" and had me update network settings. We'll see if that does the trick. I doubt it will bc my bars are constantly fluctuating where they are usually very stable. I have a feeling that it is the radio failing.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    This started all of the sudden on Wednesday while I was on a business trip. I thought it might be signal strength, but sprint has a tower on top of my company's building (which I didn't know about until Wednesday) where I was. Plus, back here in Chicago, I am still getting the same error message.

I was able to catch a screep cap last night on the way home...

I was thiking of doing the whole EPR, WebOS Doctor stuff, but sure if it is that serious yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mine's been doing it too.. I just wiped clean and doctored it.. We'll see if it fixes it.

Im not going to install any patches until I figure this out.

Also, not sure if it was related or not, but emails for my EAS would just sit in my outbox.. They'd never send.. Stuff came in just fine, though.
    My issues seem to have been resolved by calling Sprint and having them refresh my data profile. My bars seem to have steadied out too, they were fluctuating all over the place. You have to call them on another phone because they had me take out the battery while they did their mojo.
    My issues seem to have been resolved by calling Sprint and having them refresh my data profile. My bars seem to have steadied out too, they were fluctuating all over the place. You have to call them on another phone because they had me take out the battery while they did their mojo.

Cross posting because there are about 4 threads dealing with the same issue.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    this same thing happens to me gets me in trouble cause the wife thinks I'm hiding text messages from her, lol.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I too have been getting the same error this week. It was worse yesterday when I received it approximately 15 times in 12 hours. Today I got 4 errors in four hours. I called Sprint and they refreshed my data profile. They said if that didn't fix it to call back. Approximately 40 minutes later I got the error again. I will be calling them back in the next hour or so.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast