Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i did the epr and the webos doctor. and after all that.... still does the same thing. I am going to call sprint and see if Turbo_Wagons fix will help. If that dont do it I am going to be asking for a new phone form the sprint store. This thing is starting to get on my nerves.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Follow up: I called Sprint back approximately 2 hrs after the initial call. This time I got a different tech. I told him about the 129 error and that the first tech refreshed my data profile. Since then I received 3 more of the same error messages.

He then had me go into the phone dialer and type in a code. He wanted me to reset my phone back to the factory settings. I hit the reset button, (hoping that all my contacts and data was backed up.) and nothing happened. The phone didn't reset. I told him that nothing happened. He then had me go in and update the network settings again. This allowed me to get on the internet and he asked if there was anything else he could help me with.

It was clear when I was speaking with this tech he had no real clue how to really fix the problem nor what was causing it. So I told him that would be all and hung up.

Since that second call the error came up continuously through the night. But so far today I have not received it.

I personally think the problem is on the Sprint end and not the phone side but we will see.
    Its strange because I have not got the error today. Every day for the last 5 days I got it 12 to 25 times a day and today nothing. Strange, cus if its the network why does my wife and daughters phone not do it when setting right next to my phone? I just hope its over!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Draggenballs, I haven't gotten one error all day either. Now this is strange. I'll post on here if I do over the next few days.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Right by the highway; full signal strength. Got this error 2 or 3 times today. Pain in the ***.
    Happened to both me and my wife last week. Never happened before in 6 months of ownership. Cleared up the following day. Must have been a network issue.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Yeah....I got the same messages for three days last week.

So far this week it has not appeared.
    This happens to me once or twice a day for the past month or so. The fact that it happens doesnt really bother me because it doesnt happen when I'm using the phone. I was wondering if anyone knows how to disable the sound notification just for this feature
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I have been through more pre's than I'd like admit - for various reason. One problem I have not been able to get away from is the "you're phone could not establish a data connection. call sprint for help (129)" error. I get that error randomly every day. I've talked to palm, who seems to acknowledge the error but doesn't know why, sprint tech support, sprint stores..etc.

Finally I spoke to sprint advanced tech support and requested they refresh or give me a new network profile. (yes, I know there is another thread on this, but there's more). Advanced tech support refreshed my profile and "changed some settings", setting which she was unable to tell me in detail. She said she'd call me back later today to see if I'm still getting the 129 data connection error. This was about an hour ago, so I can't come to any conclusions yet pertaining to the error. HOWEVER...

What is very interesting here is how differently my Pre is now behaving. I would previously get the "too many cards open" message when I really shouldn't have been (I'm bone stock by the way). For example, I would need to close any open cards in order to run need for speed. If I rebooted the pre, maybe I could have messaging open and need for speed would open once, but after I closed it and tried to reopen it, I'd have to again make sure there were no other cards open. NOW after this network refresh, and however strange this may sound, my "too many cards open" problem is GONE. I can have 10 cards open and need for speed will still open and run fine. All of the sluggishness when multiple cards are open are is essentially gone. The device itself seems to run smoother overall. I'm baffled as to WHY this is happening, but this "new" behavior is consistent.

If you're experiencing the 129 data connection error or multiple cards error <--(much sooner than you should), try calling advanced tech support and have them rebuild/refresh your network settings and see if it fixes you. I still can't believe the difference, and again... I'm baffled as to they why part.

As an aside, I still don't get visual notification during need for speed like it's supposed to do.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    well, there may be something to this. someone in a different thread said that if they got the 'too many cards' error, that putting the phone into airplane mode would sometimes fix the issue. this could possibly be related to what you have seen. I might give this a shot, because more than one app open while playing a game would be great!.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    well, there may be something to this. someone in a different thread said that if they got the 'too many cards' error, that putting the phone into airplane mode would sometimes fix the issue. this could possibly be related to what you have seen. I might give this a shot, because more than one app open while playing a game would be great!.

Please do, I'm very curious to see if you get the same results!
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    This shouldn't need to be mentioned, but make sure you.. ##3282#, menu, restore [enter msl], and update network settings under phone preferences as well.
    ok so, I was getting this error for the past hour or so. I finally fix it by turning on airplane mode for about 30s and then turning it off again.

Although it did take another 30s, it forced the phone to get new network settings. I havn't had the problem since, so I hope this works for everyone else.
    Sprint replaced my phone and I am still getting the error
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12