Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I've just seen what someone has tagged this thread.... very funny.... :-)

BTW - I hate o2 as well ---- its now 22 months since I joined O2 and I have not yet had a correct bill. Have had to talk to customer services every month to get the bill sorted. If only I could charge them for my time they have wasted.
    I rang them on Saturday, apparently it was due to be released two weeks ago but they had to veto it for some reason.
    Last edited by Preene; 01/09/2010 at 06:04 PM.
  3. Tib
    Quote Originally Posted by globemaster1986 View Post
    Looks like end of the month guys

1.3.5/1.3.5.1 for Pre - Talk2O2

There will be a small update at the end of this month and the bigger one will be at the end of Feb.
    ...sorry, but what the heck ist the difference between an "small" and a "bigger" webOS update?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tib View Post
    ...sorry, but what the heck ist the difference between an "small" and a "bigger" webOS update?
    Size matters ...

My interpretation:
    - 1.3.5.1 = "small"
    - 1.4 = "bigger", with flash & paid apps for Europe.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShieldsOnTour View Post

BTW - I hate o2 as well ---- its now 22 months since I joined O2 and I have not yet had a correct bill. Have had to talk to customer services every month to get the bill sorted. If only I could charge them for my time they have wasted.
    Well it sounds like you are either out of contract or upgraded or at the end of a 24m agreement. Either way you can vote with your feet and leave. unless you upgraded, and your problems were then not an issue to stop you committing to a further contract.
  6. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShieldsOnTour View Post

Sounds like exactly the same problems I had last time with them. Left them in the end for TMobile who were much better. Love of the Webos & Pre lured me back though...
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Yes, JustinL01 did.
    All knowing with just 11 posts to his name.
    Ahh so the number of posts equates to knowledge and quality, I'll remember that for future!

If you read the source he actually said "Not yet - will check with the Palm Business Partner tomorrow" Hmm does this mean that Palm might just be delaying this and not O2?

People are just jumping to conclusions and blaming the easiest target.
    There are other threads quoting O2 reprentatives saying O2 didn't approve the first version of the last firmware update. Does that answer your first question?
    Fine, now the question is why wasn't it approved, maybe something incompatible, all I am saying is I doubt it's laziness and *****ing by saying how pathetic o2 are isn't going to help. Also having a go at me due to my post size isn't really useful either.

All my point was is that there is no pointing *****ing when we don't know the "real" reason, be it whoever has delayed it. Palm have advised that we will all get the 1.4 update in Feb at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinL01 View Post
    Palm have advised that we will all get the 1.4 update in Feb at the same time.
    And I really hope that they will stick to that plan.

I don't really care who is responsible for the momentary delay of 1.3.5 for europe. But I would love to get an official statement from O2 or Palm stating the reason of the delay.
    I have no problem with having a delay (maybe there is a good reason to it), but I find it very annoying (and not very professional either) that there is no official, public information.
    So if I'm correct we can start a *****ing thread about a company without all the facts, and following your rationale no one should be able to respond unless they want to complain/*****. Sorry I believe in the right to respond, I have as much right to comment in the thread as they do to complain, or am I wrong? BTW *****ing about a company isn't exercising their consumer rights, it's just plain *****ing without looking for any proper facts!
    Quote Originally Posted by donbachi View Post
    And I really hope that they will stick to that plan.

I don't really care who is responsible for the momentary delay of 1.3.5 for europe. But I would love to get an official statement from O2 or Palm stating the reason of the delay.
    I have no problem with having a delay (maybe there is a good reason to it), but I find it very annoying (and not very professional either) that there is no official, public information.
    we should all tweet @O2 and make them explain. That's what I did.
    Whoohoo, 14 posts!
    I wish I had your wit and intelligence
    Whoohoo, 14 posts!
    Make that 15.

I sent them:
    @O2 Any news when UK Palm Pre users will get the 1.3.5 or 1.3.5.1 update?

Anyone had a reply yet?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Sorry I was just teasing Justin! Good thought by the way
    I turned it into my mantra.
    None taking, I like a good forum debate the filter obviously thought the word I was using was too rude, in context to this thread it wasn't at all, just another word for complaining in a rude manner

Is that my 16th post, I'm going up in the world

I'm using 2 phones at the moment, the Pre and HD2, both great in there own way, I also have a Iphone 3GS lying around, it hasn't seen too much use since I have had the 2 other phones, I far prefer the Pre over the 3GS any day of the week. However for multimedia the HD2 wins hands down....and yes all on O2 and I actually get a decent service and signal
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    I am using a pre and a HD2 as well! For me, the Pre wins hands down for day to day useability, I only use my HD2 as a multimedia device (and for web browsing over wifi - big screen makes it easier to read web pages). Beyond the obvious bigness of screen, the only place the HD2 has the Pre beat is in its ability to handle all sorts of email attachments, the Pre sems reluctant to open many pdf files (although it will open some, others come up with a "failed to render" message). It would also be great if the Pre handled .pps and .wmv files. are there any apps for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bftw View Post
    o2 you are an absolute joke, every other network under palm has the update 1.3.5.(1) released, (EXCEPT YOU) no excuse

get your act together, sick of being behind on updates and all the good stuff
    Now are you going to take that back after you are ahead of america in the WebOS stakes being on 1.3.5.2 where as they are on 1.3.5.1?

I guess not
    Quote Originally Posted by markda2000 View Post
    Now are you going to take that back after you are ahead of america in the WebOS stakes being on 1.3.5.2 where as they are on 1.3.5.1?

I guess not
    I am not so sure that there is any additional functionality yet...
    Don't forget we'll be here next month moaning, sighing and cursing yet again.
    I'll be around posting asterisks as well
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    I am not so sure that there is any additional functionality yet...
    no but its probably had all the bugs ironed out from the 1.3.5, I havent seen any reported so far. So if this is the case should we not be singing o2`s praises for not allowing us to receive buggy updates?
  20.    #40  
    i do lol
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast