1.    #1  
    As a verizon customer I have been waiting for the Pre to make its appearance. The pre plus looks to be a great addition to the verizon lineup. My biggest complaint was the small on board memory and the lack of video recording capability. Palm has addressed both. 16 GB is the minimum (would prefer 32) I thought necessary and it allieviates any reservations I had regarding expandable memory. As a loyal BB user I may really jump ship when the Pre Plus is released. I just wish my employer would support exchange. BES is my only option today.
    You will not be disappointed! Best phone I have ever owned! Just jealous I will not have the Pre+. I'm sure Sprint will get a great update or Gen2 device soon though.

btw... Your Bully is beautiful.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    You will not be disappointed! Best phone I have ever owned! Just jealous I will not have the Pre+. I'm sure Sprint will get a great update or Gen2 device soon though.

btw... Your Bully is beautiful.
    As is yours. That pic was when he was a pup. He's now a 60lb slobbering, bull in a china shop, hyperactive lunatic. Love him!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    As a verizon customer I have been waiting for the Pre to make its appearance. The pre plus looks to be a great addition to the verizon lineup. My biggest complaint was the small on board memory and the lack of video recording capability. Palm has addressed both. 16 GB is the minimum (would prefer 32) I thought necessary and it allieviates any reservations I had regarding expandable memory. As a loyal BB user I may really jump ship when the Pre Plus is released. I just wish my employer would support exchange. BES is my only option today.

I can most certainly relate. I am also a Verizon wireless customer through their acquisition of Alltel. When the Pre was initially announced on Sprint last January at CES I knew that I had to have it. I was actually considering switching over to Sprint for the Pre so I was the first in line at my local Best Buy and scored the first of their only three Pres. I had the Pre for 20 days and while there were many things I liked about it, ultimately I decided not to leave the Blackberry platform and upgraded to the Tour from the 8330 Curve. The Verizon Pre Plus addresses many of my complaints about the Pre although some still remain. I was really hoping for some additional revisions to the Pre's form factor as I know the unit I had developed Oreo and the keyboard was less than impressive to say the least. The fact that the slider didn't slide very far past the top row of keys made it difficult to type on that top row. Additionally I found battery life on the Pre to be worse than any other device I had previously owned.

But I must say that I have always wanted a Pre on Verizon so I am seriously considering giving the Pre Plus a run. The day I got the Pre there were no homebrew apps and only 19 in the app catalog so clearly Palm has made many improvements. I would like to see some more multi-platform messaging apps make their way over to the Pre but other than that, I am very impressed with the current offerings. The 8gb jump is perfect too because I know that is more than enough space so I won't have to worry about deleting items. I am eligible to upgrade in April so we shall see. I was thinking Sprint would announce the Pre2 at CES but I guess not.
    Same here!!! I have storm and can 't wait to the 25th!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Great phone as long as you don't need EAS!!!!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I think you mean "prospective," no? I'm just saying....lol.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkspnt View Post
    Great phone as long as you don't need EAS!!!!
    Is EAS going to be missing from the VZW Pre+?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by astrobill View Post
    I think you mean "prospective," no? I'm just saying....lol.
    Ha, you got me.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR_Rider View Post
    I can most certainly relate. I am also a Verizon wireless customer through their acquisition of Alltel. When the Pre was initially announced on Sprint last January at CES I knew that I had to have it. I was actually considering switching over to Sprint for the Pre so I was the first in line at my local Best Buy and scored the first of their only three Pres. I had the Pre for 20 days and while there were many things I liked about it, ultimately I decided not to leave the Blackberry platform and upgraded to the Tour from the 8330 Curve. The Verizon Pre Plus addresses many of my complaints about the Pre although some still remain. I was really hoping for some additional revisions to the Pre's form factor as I know the unit I had developed Oreo and the keyboard was less than impressive to say the least. The fact that the slider didn't slide very far past the top row of keys made it difficult to type on that top row. Additionally I found battery life on the Pre to be worse than any other device I had previously owned.

But I must say that I have always wanted a Pre on Verizon so I am seriously considering giving the Pre Plus a run. The day I got the Pre there were no homebrew apps and only 19 in the app catalog so clearly Palm has made many improvements. I would like to see some more multi-platform messaging apps make their way over to the Pre but other than that, I am very impressed with the current offerings. The 8gb jump is perfect too because I know that is more than enough space so I won't have to worry about deleting items. I am eligible to upgrade in April so we shall see. I was thinking Sprint would announce the Pre2 at CES but I guess not.
    with the software updates and wifi battery life has improved. Frankly the Keyboard is a breeze to work with and I have "mitts". With more updates coming it can only get better. Form/Function is great. Not a brick in your pocket and a great quality screen makes it good 'nuff for me.
    Despite all the occasional "rants" here Palm has a promising future and I have been pleased with my Pre.

And with all the "Bullie owners" own this thread I had to post...lol. Those are my two boys on my "avatar" picture...
    Hey hey! Can't say bull in a china shop unless you mean they are cautious and careful not to cause a ruckus. Mythbusters busted that disaster saying.