Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I'm still in limbo, waiting for the Pre (PLUS!) to be released over here in France, so for those of you who have them, how feasible would it be to have a keyboard overlay to identify those keys you use for gaming?

I'm thinking about something you could stick on (preferable not permanently...) and around the keys of the physical keyboard to identify the directional buttons, fire, etc.

Anyone have any ideas on go about making this? Is there enough room in between the keys?
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    I'm still in limbo, waiting for the Pre (PLUS!) to be released over here in France, so for those of you who have them, how feasible would it be to have a keyboard overlay to identify those keys you use for gaming?

I'm thinking about something you could stick on (preferable not permanently...) and around the keys of the physical keyboard to identify the directional buttons, fire, etc.

Anyone have any ideas on go about making this? Is there enough room in between the keys?
    ehmm... nobody (oficialy) has the plus devices yet..
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    You could create a rubber 'sock' that slides upward onto the bottom of the keyboard. It would be quite cool, I'm not sure if there's a market for it...
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    nice idea, but im guessing not all games will use the same keys
    would be nice is the overlay had bigger buttons (i.e. pushes 2 of the pre's keys with one double size button)
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    @Walhalla2k: Ha. I got that. But hoping that some of those present at CES' hands-on demos could give a comment or two. Seeing it in videos is different; I always read people's comments on how surprised they were at the actual size of the phone.

@laze: Hm. Interesting idea; I could just use a balloon (or a condom?). And then just take a Sharpie to it. Not bad; maybe even reusable!

@arsenalrule: Most such games allow free assignment of keys. Concerning size, I was thinking of a itty bitty piece of paper that would stay on when slid shut.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    @laze: Hm. Interesting idea; I could just use a balloon (or a condom?). And then just take a Sharpie to it. Not bad; maybe even reusable!
    I was thinking more like the rubber protective cases you get rather than something as flimsy as a balloon or a condom... but the concept is the same.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    The sock idea could be worth pursuing. I don't think that it would interfere with the slider, as I was able to slide a piece of paper in between the two halves with the Pre closed, and it slips up to a position well above the top of the keyboard.

If you haven't got a Pre, the top row of keys is almost level with the lip of the bottom shell and the (bottom) Sym row is about 2-3 mm below the lip.