Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I believe PreCentral should get the PreTube section ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I am sooo happy!!! Too bad we can't add more memory to our Pre over the air! LOL
    Seriously. After watching the pres I looked at my wife, with her iPhone in hand, and I said, "now I know I made the right decision to ditch my iPhone for the Pre."
    Then she said "wait let me finish writing this email in Japanese" and I remembered the last remaining flaw...when are they going to release this thing in East Asia?
    As far as flash goes, Rubi said "on any webos device running 1.4", so, there is no way the flash beta will come out in January.
    Actually, Ruby said that _video_ would be on all WebOS devices running 1.4. Remember that Flash and 3D games will only run on the Pre/Pre Plus.

It was stated that a Flash beta plug-in would be available in the App Catalog "soon." That means it could certainly be released prior to 1.4, and in fact I'm expecting it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Actually, Ruby said that _video_ would be on all WebOS devices running 1.4. Remember that Flash and 3D games will only run on the Pre/Pre Plus.

It was stated that a Flash beta plug-in would be available in the App Catalog "soon." That means it could certainly be released prior to 1.4, and in fact I'm expecting it.
    Yeah I missed that it was for the Pre only. Hmm...so you're saying that he meant to say the official Flash is available on the Pre with 1.4, and the beta of flash earlier on?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Yeah I missed that it was for the Pre only. Hmm...so you're saying that he meant to say the official Flash is available on the Pre with 1.4, and the beta of flash earlier on?
    I keep missing the whole "no flash of pixi" thing...
    Well, now, that's a bit confusing, because what I remember seeing about 1.4 was that it would include the Flash _beta_. So, I think what they were saying is that a Flash beta _plug-in_ will be released in the App Catalog (presumably before 1.4 is released), and that it will be simply included with 1.4 (or, otherwise incorporated into it, if there's a difference).

To me, those aren't mutually exclusive, which is what leads me to believe that "soon" means in the next few weeks. Certainly, before February.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Yes, Flash utilizes the GPU, so like the 3D games it's a no-go on the Pixi.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Pixi has a GPU correct? So it is not yet enabled even with 1.3.5?
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Yes, Flash utilizes the GPU, so like the 3D games it's a no-go on the Pixi.
    Not so sure about that now... read the new post about SlingPlayer on the main page of PreCentral. Sling Media just announced it will work with Flash 10.1 and they say it will work on both the Pre and Pixi.
    Pixi has a GPU correct? So it is not yet enabled even with 1.3.5?
    Well, it does have a GPU, so I mispoke. Perhaps its GPU simply isn't up to the task of running Flash et. al.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Not so sure about that now... read the new post about SlingPlayer on the main page of PreCentral. Sling Media just announced it will work with Flash 10.1 and they say it will work on both the Pre and Pixi.
    Well, now, you're correct, the story does say that. It also says that Flash is to be available in the App Catalog after 1.4 is released. I think I'm going to stop talking about this subject until there's more consistent information available.
    Well either way, it's all good news! I wonder if Sprint is going to get the Pre Plus, or another version of the Pre Plus this summer, at the anniversary of the Pre?
    lol I have a feeling we might be getting more then just a pres plus on sprint.

That being said, who else noticed how quick the pres plus was! it kind of made me jealous...

Do you think it was clocked at 600Mhz instead of 500? or could that extra 256 ram made that big of a difference?

I'm hoping it was just the gpu being used in 1.4 that made it seem that quick.

I guess only time will tell eh?
    Last edited by jpdaballa; 01/08/2010 at 08:06 PM.
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdaballa View Post
    That being said, who else noticed how quick the pres plus was! it kind of made me jealous...
    Well, let me tell you the one thing that has bothered me about the videos, specifically they one where we saw the demo of NFS, video recording/editing, and tethering.

How come they had to use three different Pre Plus' for those? I distinctly remember when they went to the NFS demo, she reached for another phone and Dieter says "Oh, you have this on a different phone?" And her answer was just "yeah".

So, where these Pre Plus' hacked up so they would run only that one app and everything not necessary to run the app was completely shut off?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Well, let me tell you the one thing that has bothered me about the videos, specifically they one where we saw the demo of NFS, video recording/editing, and tethering.

How come they had to use three different Pre Plus' for those? I distinctly remember when they went to the NFS demo, she reached for another phone and Dieter says "Oh, you have this on a different phone?" And her answer was just "yeah".

So, where these Pre Plus' hacked up so they would run only that one app and everything not necessary to run the app was completely shut off?
    Yeah thats what I was thinking or maybe it had something to do with one of the pres being gsm not cdma

Also notice on the nfs game you don't go through a menu you just go straight into the game, maybe that has something to do with the load speed as well.

What I really want this summer is a choice between a white or black palm pre 2
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    I wonder if that guy's friend was ever caught for leaking the news? Bet Ruby made him eat his sweaty grey/green shirt.

Guarantee he was fired. The way Palm has done such a good job at keeping secrets as of late there is no way they can put up with leakers like that.
    Last edited by rc46; 01/08/2010 at 08:51 PM.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdaballa View Post
    l
    Nah my Pre loads NFS faster than the Pre Plus did when Josh@Engadget did his demo on the Pre Plus
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    It's pretty amazing how Palm delivered what we were asking for so quickly....to think how most of us totally thought that decent games would never happen...
    Here's what I don't think the "it's a fake, not possible" crowd has considered.

There are 2 possiblities (or a combination of the two):

• The naysayer lied about what could be done
    • The naysayer was basically ignorant about what could be done

Either way, they've pretty much blown any creds they have.

and yet, some of them blather on...
    Most likely the culprit is Adobe. On notebooks Flash 10.1 do not utilize hardware acceleration if your integrated graphic is older / crappier than Intel GMA 4500 MHD.
    I just got hrough remem ering when that one guy claimed to be a video forensics investigator and he wrote up this really long paper with hiw it was fake! LOL
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast