Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    After seeing the Pre Plus should I wait for Pre Plus to launch for GSM or should I just buy normal Pre.
    The Pre Plus has is advantage double the RAM,double to memory and mostly will ship with version 1.4.
    And what about Pixi Plus/Pixi any launch date for that in European countries.
    I saw on Engadget that AT&T will get Pre and Pixi but no idea when and Which version normal or Plus.
    Palm should have answered these question in CES.
    The Pre Plus GSM will be launched in France by June this year; however it will in all likelihood be locked and come with a AZERTY keyboard. If you can get around those things, you can wait five months. If not, just import a first-gen Pre from Germany
    When you say the Pre Plus will "...mostly will ship with version 1.4", I am pretty certain the normal Pre will have that update by then as well.
    As for if a French phone will "...in all likelihood be locked", as far as I can gather from reading these forums, French networks have to sell phones unlocked by law.

Of course, you can wait 6mths to get the better spec model. All I would ask my self is; will there be an even better spec model another 6mths later...then another 6mths... etc. Like buying a computer, at some point you just have to bite the bullet!
    [QUOTE=Ben_K;2139711
    As for if a French phone will "...in all likelihood be locked", as far as I can gather from reading these forums, French networks have to sell phones unlocked by law.
    [/QUOTE]

not true. from Wikipedia:

"In France, SIM locks are not prohibited. However, the mobile operator must inform the consumer of the existence of a SIM lock. The subscriber has the right to request that the SIM lock be removed at any time. No later than 6 months prior to the conclusion of the contract, the mobile operator must "systematically and free of charge" provide the subscriber with a procedure to deactivate the SIM lock.Operators may charge a fee for removing the SIM lock prior to the 6-month deadline."

so, i think that the French Pre Plus will be probably be sold locked, but unlockable for a fee.
    who said it will be a pre plus?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    A french correspondent who got to talk with SFR's CEO at CES
    6 months is still a long time away from now.

By then a new product will be launched.
    Pre Plus is a new product.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MCube View Post
    6 months is still a long time away from now.

By then a new product will be launched.
    Well it certainly didn't happen last year - i mean apart from the pixi
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by christcentric View Post
    The Pre Plus GSM will be launched in France by June this year; however it will in all likelihood be locked and come with a AZERTY keyboard. If you can get around those things, you can wait five months. If not, just import a first-gen Pre from Germany
    The WebOS Internals Meta-Doctor can permanently (i.e. survives normal webOS Doctor and OTA updates) remap the AZERTY keyboard to QWERTY (or even QWERTZ if you choose).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    There's some rumours that has been circling around for some time about Telus carrying the Pre in this quarter, but their mouth has been quite tight on this. I hope they do carry the Pre Plus.

And another thing I've notice is that Bell has significantly scaled back in promoting the Pre, most of the display stands have been removed. So I guess that is a sign that their exclusivity has ended or will be ending quite soon.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here