Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was just wondering about various statements that the Pre Plus was performing faster than the Pre, with the implication that it's a more capable device beyond the extra RAM and storage. Incidentally, I'm one who took Rube's statement to mean that there's more working memory, not just storage.

Anyways, I was thinking: perhaps the reason it was faster was because it was already running 1.4. Or, simply has the optimizations that were hinted at already applied. If it was running 1.4, I was thinking that perhaps the update is actually ready for release but is being held in anticipation of the Verizon release.

My point? Not much of one, really. It's late.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Hey, I never saw you start a thread before.
    Yes- it's late.
    And, you're not even giving me anything to argue with here. Dammit.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Maybe it runs at 600?
    I'll go with the optimized 1.4 update, and not increases in ram debate
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Hey, I never saw you start a thread before.
    Yes- it's late.
    And, you're not even giving me anything to argue with here. Dammit.
    Oh, I've started threads before. Many, many threads.

And your haircut is ugly. There, something to argue with...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post

Agreed! Do yellow, smiley faced muppets have any idea how to get a haircut? Seems they just stroll in to super cuts and ask for the Vick Mackey....

Nah.. Not good enough.
    I'll have to pass on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmakar169 View Post
    Agreed! Do yellow, smiley faced muppets have any idea how to get a haircut? Seems they just stroll in to super cuts and ask for the Vick Mackey....
    Hahaha.
    Gotta love these late night jokes.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Nah.. Not good enough.
    I'll have to pass on that one.
    Okay... Um... Er... Forget it. Too late to come up with anything better.
    On a serious note...I do think the CES device was a bit better than the current sprint, iteration. Either it was a VZW pre plus with the carrier renamed or a pre with some different mods. Just slightly to smooth vs. what I use every day. Can't blame them, cant show up at CES and see a crash or too many cards error.
    Yea. It's definitely more RAM he was talking about. I'm kind of ****ed because I just bought my Pre. I guess I'll just live with it and wait another year until i can upgrade to the PreII...
  12.    #12  
    On a serious note...I do think the CES device was a bit better than the current sprint, iteration. Either it was a VZW pre plus with the carrier renamed or a pre with some different mods. Just slightly to smooth vs. what I use every day. Can't blame them, cant show up at CES and see a crash or too many cards error.
    Well, that's what I'm wondering. Perhaps more RAM would have that much of an affect. But, one of the things noted about 1.4 is that it will provide performance and battery improvements. So, Palm could simply have been running the new version.

Probably no way to know, and of course we'll find out in a month or so. And would someone please tell me why I'm posting this late?
    And would someone please tell me why I'm posting this late?
    Guessing because this was a pretty big day for palm, nothing like last year....but some pretty good news nonetheless....has me golfing, racing and trying out how the hell to get some woohoo (I suck almost as bad at it in the sims as I do in real life!)
  14.    #14  
    Guessing because this was a pretty big day for palm, nothing like last year....but some pretty good news nonetheless....has me golfing, racing and trying out how the hell to get some woohoo (I suck almost as bad at it in the sims as I do in real life!)
    Woohoo? I fear I'm terribly uninformed... Whatever it is, I'm guessing I have almost none.
    Woohoo? I fear I'm terribly uninformed... Whatever it is, I'm guessing I have almost none.
    Haha! I would not have known before Today either...apparently it is sims 3 speak for "getting some."
    Quote Originally Posted by ho0lee0h View Post
    Yea. It's definitely more RAM he was talking about. I'm kind of ****ed because I just bought my Pre. I guess I'll just live with it and wait another year until i can upgrade to the PreII...
    You can get out of your contract early with the changes Sprint has made to their contract. Some kind of fee increased and any material change to the contract allows you to get out of your contract within one month of that change. I believe its something like that.
    My bet is that 1.4 takes advantage of the GPU and uses for day to day tasks in the OS. That would improve battery life and overall OS performance.

I am just glad to see that Palm wasn't sitting idle and were addressing a lot of issues people had with WebOS. I bet that 1.5 will include voice commands.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    The Palm Pre Plus demoed at CES WAS running 1.4.
    The same version was used to demo the video recording capability at the end of the keynote. On the other hand, pres used to demo NFS (again, at the end of the keynote) were running webos 1.3.5.1(.2.3.4.5.6)
    i noticed that in most of the videos on youtube that show the video recording (which would be running 1.4) the apps even launch differently. they open smaller, like the card view size, and then maximize to the full screen. has anyone else notice this?

I too am thinking that the performance is coming from the fact that it's 1.4 and not necessarily because it's a pre plus
    it is not running 1.4 it is still on 1.3.5 as it says in the hands on interview that dieter did. I believe it has a new processor but which one I don't know.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast