Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I have been getting this error everytime I launch NFS after playing one lap. I have restarted but still does. I think I am gonna do webosdoctor. This is really ****ing me off! Let me know if anyone else have same problems
    same kind of problem with asphalt 5( can only play quick race) and I have no patches or homebrew.
    This happened to me once. Give your pre a restart and see if the problem continues.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Somebody stated clearing your cache in the browser helps. Mine runs fine so I can't confirm. Sounds unlikely but might as well try.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Mine ran fine for several races, then started crashing after each new race done.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Reset is probably good, but one thing I noticed is that after closing some apps, it takes some time for WebOS to clean up. So you may also want to wait a little while after you closed your apps.

I have Asphult and able to play to level 5 now.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    This is the problem with native apps. They can crash. That is the nice thing about interpreted languages like javascript. You can prevent crashes altogether.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Wow, my respect for these modern javascript/html only-knowing programmers lessens and lessens.

The browser can crash. What happens to your interpreted language app then?
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I have reset it couple of times but it doesn't seem to help at all. I can play but it crashes in the middle of the game! ****ed!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    saw that once on asphalt so far.
    Seen it twice on Let's Golf. So far so good since rebooting though. *Fingers crossed*
    Quote Originally Posted by havatampa View Post
    I have been getting this error everytime I launch NFS after playing one lap. I have restarted but still does. I think I am gonna do webosdoctor. This is really ****ing me off! Let me know if anyone else have same problems
    Same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    Wow, my respect for these modern javascript/html only-knowing programmers lessens and lessens.

The browser can crash. What happens to your interpreted language app then?
    That's a pretty weak argument. I haven't had the browser, or my Pre for that matter, every crash on me. On my iPhone, I had apps crash daily.

And now, these native apps have been out less than a day, and we're already seeing crashes. I am not against native apps at all. I am a C++/C dev as well. All I am saying is that the beauty of javascript and how webOS embraces it is that webOS is the most stable mobile OS I have ever used. With native apps, you will start to see stability of apps get worse, but also see functionality skyrocket.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    nfs used to be all good for me. Now I get the error every time. I restart phone before I play and it doesn't help

update: only thing that has helped is to go to device info and do a partial erase. this erases all apps, but im not sure what all it erases, cause my palm profile saved more than i thought! the cool thing is that it automatically reloaded all apps from the catalog, like nfs. it would be cool if it reloaded my preware apps too! but nfs is running fine again, so i guess i will just keep doing partial erases when it starts to all ways mess up on me, until the problem is fixed.........
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 01/17/2010 at 07:03 PM.