View Poll Results: After today's big CES announcement are you planning on coming back to Pre?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 63.41%
  • No

8 19.51%
  • Undecided

7 17.07%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I switched over to the Hero, as some of you know (couldn't turn down that $1.00 phone), and I have to say I love it. After watching the CES though, I do have to say that I am anxiously awaiting this update in Feb. to see where the Pre goes. That is why my Pre sits waiting patiently in my drawer all boxed up and ready to be reactivated.

Just wondering what others who left the Pre early are thinking after today's announcement.

Are you coming back on board depending on this update?
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Never left
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Where is the never left choice?
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    Where is the never left choice?
    x3

Never left, never planned to, and CES showed me why I never planned to leave.... Palm didn't hit everyones expectations but it hit many of the big ones that could have been shown at CES.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    CES shows why I'm a no-contract type fellow. I don't want to be stuck with a phone for 18-24 months. Still, I have no desire to change phones any time soon .... really happy to have some of the big updates available in less than 60 days!

.... now... if only they give me proper access to my palm profile, and fix the whole damned issue with it not being recognized. (I know there is a process to recover it... but I can't be arsed to go through that whole process... updating to 1.3.5 ended up being a 4+ hour event).
    * never left! DEF Glad I hung around! If all of what we have came in 7 months.... i cant wait for the months leading up to June... more botloads of updates, and who knows whats next? the bulk of the complaints have been answered (GPU-access, 3D games, video recording, text forwarding, Flash), so whats there left to do?? I cant wait to find out...
    Never left because its all Sprint love from me. The prices..its the prices of the plans for me. Carrier comes first and Sprint has the best prices for smartphones.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I have a Pre today. I hate the slider, and Sprint is too expensive for family plans if only one person needs data and SMS, so I was really looking forward to an a announcement of a Pixi Plus on Verizon. I was really disappointed that the Pixi Plus doesn't have a larger screen. The Pre screen is too small already.

Nevertheless, I'm planning on opting out of my Sprint contract while I can wihout paying ETA, and will like go with the Pixi Plus. The Pre slider dives me crazy and I hope that I can adjust to the smaller Pixi display.

I really love the WebOS. I just wish Palm could release a phone with Blackberry or Nokia like hardware -- something a like more man-size than the Pixi.
    I am keeping my Pre. It's solid and doesn't have that much wobble. I have seen a replacement Pre that you can literally pull the halves apart so much that two quarters can fit in the space. It was really weird. But mine's been fine--launch day Pre, and I plan on sticking with Palm/Sprint for the foreseeable future. Apps is a big thing.
    I'm interested in what Palm is doing with webOS but it will be from the sidelines. Beta testing and paying a monthly fee for the privilege is for enthusiasts.

After using a BlackBerry I will not settle for the Pre battery life, animated UI and slow performance, no matter how pretty and cool it is. This applies more generally also to Android and the iPhone. This type of phone (superphone, app phone etc) doesn't serve my needs.

It's possible that Palm is just going through an iPhone phase to attract consumers. I can wait for them to grow up.
    Almost left even got a second phone(blackberry 9700) taking it back and keeping my pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    I switched over to the Hero, as some of you know (couldn't turn down that $1.00 phone), and I have to say I love it. After watching the CES though, I do have to say that I am anxiously awaiting this update in Feb. to see where the Pre goes. That is why my Pre sits waiting patiently in my drawer all boxed up and ready to be reactivated.

Just wondering what others who left the Pre early are thinking after today's announcement.

Are you coming back on board depending on this update?
    It depends on what that fruit company has going. We might get a hint later this month.
    Never left. It's Pre/Palm for me! CES validated my choice. Also won't leave Sprint. I can wait for Pre2 (or whatever they name it) and my upgrade, since I'm quite happy with 1st gen Pre. Yeah 16 gigs would be nice for more of my music collection, but I've got my faves loaded and it's easy to swap out files if I want a change. No hardware issues here: got my Pre in Sept. (Aug. birthday/warranty date), and I have been fortunate to never have had any of the problems with updates and my profile that others have experienced (knock on wood).
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I think this topic needs a never left button lol.

Have had my PRE since day 1, love the phone, and I am more than happy to see that Palm does care and is doing everything possible to upgrade us.

Bring on 1.4...im dying for Flash and to see how it runs.
    Never left!! I've had my ups and downs with the Pre, being a Bell user, but Bell so far has looked after us with updates, so I'm sticking it out. After yesterdays news at CES, <jaw still dropped> I'll be holding on, and possibly upgrading when the new model arrives on the shelf. GO PALM!!
    Another proud "never left" here! Count my gf's Pre in there to make a total of +2
    Why are people who never left even responding in this thread?

Anyway...I'm not coming back unless it's on different hardware. I'll see how the upgraded hardware of the Plus is received and see what Sprint has to offer come June. But I will never return to the unreliable first gen Pre. Three chances/units were enough for me. And I would say the same if I had to get three Heroes too. First one still works like a charm three months later...knock on wood.
    As others said - needs a 'never left' option. Been with Sprint for years now and have no plans to leave them, or the Pre, anytime soon.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by BobFromAccounting View Post
    As others said - needs a 'never left' option. Been with Sprint for years now and have no plans to leave them, or the Pre, anytime soon.
    no offense to any of the "never lefts", but I know there are a lot of people who HAVE left and still lurk on the board to see what's going on....that's the reason for this thread.

For instance, some of us left and went to another phone, but our spouses still have their Pre active. That's how it is in my house.

But I don't care that the "never-lefts" are posting here. They're just showing their Sprint-Love! And I am a Sprint lover too, that's why I held only jumped to a Hero and not an iCrap product!
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Where is the "Who gives a ****" choice?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast