View Poll Results: After today's big CES announcement are you planning on coming back to Pre?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 63.41%
  • No

8 19.51%
  • Undecided

7 17.07%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Where is the "Who gives a ****" choice?
    Really?! That's all you've got to add?

What a winner you are dear sir......
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Wheres the "When my phone runs like **** compared to the plus version because of the big february update I'm dumping palm"
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Wheres the "When my phone runs like **** compared to the plus version because of the big february update I'm dumping palm"
    Now that my friend is a GOOD comment....and GOOD question. Kinda sucks that Sprint sorta kinda got shafted after all the hard work OUR homebrew dev team and OUR community put in!
  4. wkj
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Never left
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    Where is the never left choice?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    x3

Never left, never planned to, and CES showed me why I never planned to leave.... Palm didn't hit everyones expectations but it hit many of the big ones that could have been shown at CES.
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    I think this topic needs a never left button lol.

Have had my PRE since day 1, love the phone, and I am more than happy to see that Palm does care and is doing everything possible to upgrade us.

Bring on 1.4...im dying for Flash and to see how it runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by centra View Post
    Never left!! I've had my ups and downs with the Pre, being a Bell user, but Bell so far has looked after us with updates, so I'm sticking it out. After yesterdays news at CES, <jaw still dropped> I'll be holding on, and possibly upgrading when the new model arrives on the shelf. GO PALM!!
    Quote Originally Posted by themirthfulswami View Post
    Another proud "never left" here! Count my gf's Pre in there to make a total of +2
    Quote Originally Posted by BobFromAccounting View Post
    As others said - needs a 'never left' option. Been with Sprint for years now and have no plans to leave them, or the Pre, anytime soon.
    Glad I never left my reading comprehension class!

The title clearly assumes you left or are no longer using the Pre......thus no real reason need a "never left" button.

wkj
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I've used Palm based devices for years and do like them. My biggest problem, which is why I did eventually shelved mine for another solution, was their ability to keep data on the desktop synchronized with the device. And for everyone who is about to flame me for the obvious reason, "I don't do Windows". Friends don't let friends run Microsoft products, full stop.

So I managed to gimp by with a few devices here and there until I found a great device in the G1. That is not panning out too well at the moment with the exception of Google synchronization. This is the one big feature of the G1, free data synchronization on the air.

Now back to the Pre. I really like the Pre. Its features, its design, its physical size. All are very well thought out. I've gone in to the local Sprint store a couple of times to get familiar with the device. For me there are almost no reasons to jump over to the Pre today. Just that nasty early termination fee I will have to endure.

So I'm with you, Palm fans. I just have to bite the bullet after waiting to see what CES would bring, and sign up for Pre on Sprint (and another thing I won't do is Verizon, who gladly hands all your personal data to the government without a warrant). Enough ranting for now. There is my $0.02 worth.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by wkj View Post
    Glad I never left my reading comprehension class!

The title clearly assumes you left or are no longer using the Pre......thus no real reason need a "never left" button.

wkj
    you sir GET IT! WOOT!
    In terms of the Pre and non-microsoft sync solutions, have you checked out Mozilla's thunderbird and sunbird/lightening? Both offer PIM desktop solutions with ota sync via google.

Quote Originally Posted by jmastrol View Post
    I've used Palm based devices for years and do like them. My biggest problem, which is why I did eventually shelved mine for another solution, was their ability to keep data on the desktop synchronized with the device. And for everyone who is about to flame me for the obvious reason, "I don't do Windows". Friends don't let friends run Microsoft products, full stop.

So I managed to gimp by with a few devices here and there until I found a great device in the G1. That is not panning out too well at the moment with the exception of Google synchronization. This is the one big feature of the G1, free data synchronization on the air.

Now back to the Pre. I really like the Pre. Its features, its design, its physical size. All are very well thought out. I've gone in to the local Sprint store a couple of times to get familiar with the device. For me there are almost no reasons to jump over to the Pre today. Just that nasty early termination fee I will have to endure.

So I'm with you, Palm fans. I just have to bite the bullet after waiting to see what CES would bring, and sign up for Pre on Sprint (and another thing I won't do is Verizon, who gladly hands all your personal data to the government without a warrant). Enough ranting for now. There is my $0.02 worth.
    PalmOS Treos: 90/300/600/650/700/755/launch day Pre minus/ Evo/Epic
    They have that, its the don't respond to the thread option.
    EDIT: Removed incorrect information.
    Last edited by dallashigh; 01/08/2010 at 03:52 PM.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    Geez this is getting out of hand.

THE PLUS MODELS ARE NOT FASTER AND DO NOT HAVE MORE RAM

"Double memory" means double the flash space, not RAM. The CPU is the same. The Verizon phones will not be any faster than their Sprint counterparts.

Thank you, that is all.
    This is not clear at all. If you are stating it as fact, please cite your source. Personally I believe that they might be getting more RAM. However, I don't believe this is a fact either. We will have to wait and see in the tear down.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    This is not clear at all. If you are stating it as fact, please cite your source. Personally I believe that they might be getting more RAM. However, I don't believe this is a fact either. We will have to wait and see in the tear down.
    Woops, I removed it. At this point it seems to be unclear. I guess we won't really know for sure until it comes out. There are a lot of sources that are saying it does, but it's so early that they could all just be cross-sourcing incorrect info.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    Woops, I removed it. At this point it seems to be unclear. I guess we won't really know for sure until it comes out. There are a lot of sources that are saying it does, but it's so early that they could all just be cross-sourcing incorrect info.
    I love meeting rational, thinking people like you on the forums.

Yea, there has been a bit too many vague words thrown about concerning "memory" the past few days. I hope it isn't true, but I fear that the Pre+ will just be a better performer. But it does raise my hopes that the full next gen Pre will be even more awesome! I have my fingers crossed that it will get the new tegra chipset.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Well when the update comes in Feb I will definitely check it out. I have to say I'm excited about flash obviously, and the more open SDK. I think in the meanwhile tho I'm very happy with Android.

I think the most important thing for me is will the app market start to take off? If it does than I would consider coming back to, and staying with, the pre.
    I was on the verge of returning to my Treo Pro for the phenomenal bluetooth voice command (it would literally read me my text messages), but I've fallen back in love with my pre because of the new games and Flash support.
    Engadget specifically discuss more RAM in their podcasts, that's their understanding. Additionally, Palm mentions working on performance and battery life for 1.4, implying this is independent of hardware updates. It would be interesting to see.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    I agree where is the NEVER LEFT option!!!! LOL!

I love my Pre (and I love it without Preware and patches which I'm too chicken to do)
    THIS.
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    Now that my friend is a GOOD comment....and GOOD question. Kinda sucks that Sprint sorta kinda got shafted after all the hard work OUR homebrew dev team and OUR community put in!
    Do you complain when you buy a computer and six months later a faster model is out? Give me a break.

Also, anyone who would come back based on flash, games, and video recording is a moron. This basically implies that they owned a Pre and left because it lacked features that we knew going in it didn't have.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by downtown3641 View Post
    Do you complain when you buy a computer and six months later a faster model is out? Give me a break.

Also, anyone who would come back based on flash, games, and video recording is a moron. This basically implies that they owned a Pre and left because it lacked features that we knew going in it didn't have.
    Thank you for that enlightening and informative opinion. What would we ever do without posters like you!

Did you ever think people bought the phone knowing what was going to be on it eventually and then grew tired of waiting for an update? Nahh.....why would ANYONE do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    Engadget specifically discuss more RAM in their podcasts, that's their understanding.
    Yeah. The more I look into it, the more crow I end up eating

The problem is that they refer to the RAM as "internal memory", which can be confused for the flash storage (16GB). Seriously Palm, it's CES. The people in your audience know what RAM is. Don't be afraid of a little verbosity!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast