View Poll Results: Do you wish yo wouldve waited for the plus

Voters
644. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm crushed and regret getting the original now that it's been improved

114 17.70%
  • No, I am happy with my pre and my experience with I've had with it.

530 82.30%
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I for one do not at all. I've had the pre from day one, have gone through the growing pains, the growth of Homebrew, the excitement that came with every update, the thrill of discovering a new patch...They get the pre plus 6 months later, and although they reveive a better phone, plus users on Version will never get to experience all of that. I wouldn't trade fun/madness/excitement for 16 GB of storage. That 512 MB of memory though... If that's true, I have to say I will be a bit jealous of the plus users getting to play with that. But no regrets. None. You?

Edit: by the way. To those of you who have enjoyd the growth of homebrew, and even you newer users who are just discovering patches, tweaks, etc, I think it's time you pay tribute to where it all started. A walk down memory lane, or a history lesson, either way it's nice to see where we all started from. I for one have had this installed since it came out, and will never delete it. Go wear your flip flops people!

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Last edited by morrison0880; 01/09/2010 at 10:40 AM.
    I've had mine since day one, and I think it's a great instrument. The Homebrew community has been a definite plus, and it only looks like it's getting better.

I'm not that excited about the 512 memory - I suppose it might make some games go faster, but I'm not worried about it.
    I am happy but again, I was thrilled by putting a Springboard module that had a speaker in it, in the top of my handspring pda that made it a gsm pda "Visor" phone.

It had 8mb of memory.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    I don't regret any decision of being a release day user.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    I do not regret it one bit. I feel the service and plans make a phone and i'm happy with sprint
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    yes
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Day one buyer. No regrets. I hope Verizon is very successful with WebOS devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    I for one do not at all. I've had the pre from day one, have gone through the growing pains, the growth of Homebrew, the excitement that came with every update, the thrill of discovering a new patch...They get the pre plus 6 months later, and although they reveive a better phone, plus users on Version will never get to experience all of that. I wouldn't trade fun/madness/excitement for 16 GB of storage. That 512 MB of memory though... If that's true, I have to say I will be a bit jealous of the plus users getting to play with that. But no regrets. None. You?
    I do not regret it one bit! Still on my 1st phone and it works great.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    only a little. Android finally is where I thought it would have been early 09. I didn't want to wait, and jumped early from Verizon to Sprint. Not only for the Pre, but to get a smartphone, Sprint's plan was so much better for me.

I'm still a bit disappointed in WebOS. Mostly out of speed and responsiveness, it needs to be further along, especially when the iPhone 3Gs seems to do so much better on the same hardware. It's just a matter of time really, but I'm worried Palm doesn't have that time.... I have only seen a handful of other Pre's, and now that they are on Verizon, I don't know if it can really put a dent in the Droid demand.

Hope they do, cause the Pre is the best form factor smartphone IMO (aside from landscape instead of portrait keyboard).
    there is nothing the pre plus has that is anywhere close to consider being on verizon for.

I am a firm believer that sprint will have a newer version of the pre than the plus this year.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Day 1 user. I only regret all the shields i have had to replace with my Pre's. aside from that I love it. I especially love running into Pre users that are not familiar with homebrew and ****** communities like PreCentral. I love showing them new things that they can do with their phone.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I've been happy with my experience..

But would *love* more memory on this pre. (pre+)

-m
    Day one buyer and very happy with the Pre. Now seeing the games, it's simply a matter of carrier choices. The WebOS is now a combination of the popular OS's out there. It now has the gaming power house of the iphone, the notication system of Android improved upon, multitasking of WinMob simplified. I was looking forward to the Nexus One, but I'll be on the Pre for a while now.
    A bit more memory would be great, but it is not worth $2k to me. I have had my pre since day one and I have loved following its growth. Now my Dad has a pre and my mom has a pixi. WebOS is full of awesome and it is only getting better. After playing NFS for an hour or two, I have no fears that this platform will succeed.

I think droid is going to have to face some stiff competition from the Pre+. Mobile Hot Spot? I mean that is completely baller for a business person, or someone who does a lot of traveling. WebOS has better multitasking, better connectivity, prettier, easier to use and from the looks of it, a few more thousand apps coming its way. And lets not remember that WebOS is coming to AT&T too. Palm has positioned themselves very well I think.

I can't wait to see what they are going to release in June for Sprint customers
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    This should be a poll.

BTW, release date users will be eligible for the "next" Pre first
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    BTW, release date users will be eligible for the "next" Pre first
    Can I get a Booyah!?
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockyjay View Post
    Day 1 user. I only regret all the shields i have had to replace with my Pre's. aside from that I love it. I especially love running into Pre users that are not familiar with homebrew and ****** communities like PreCentral. I love showing them new things that they can do with their phone.
    Absolutely! That has honestly been one of the most rewarding aspects of jumping on board from the get-go. I've been a member of precentral almost since the beginning, and have gotten my wife, brother, brother-in-law, and a good friend on the pre. After letting them play with their phones for a few days, I introduced them to homebrew and watch their eyes light up. Showed a co-worker down in dallas how to install a Cowboys theme (poor girl, now trying to convert her to the green and gold. Go Packers, F Favre, A Rodge rocks! But I digress). It's all been so much fun for me. Can't wait to see what's next!
    i dont regret anything because im not a misinformed crybaby who doesnt do their research before a purchase and then expect time and space to be bent for me while i sit on a cloud of judgement begging for handouts like a homeless guy needing a fix of grain alcohol.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Day 1 and loving every minute of it. Will take the WebOS and true multi-tasking with a little homebrew and can sell anyone on how great it truly is. Definitely looking forward to the next update in February and then what comes beyond in the summer with Sprint.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Happy Sprint customer, very Happy Pre owner. Not jealous one bit of the upgrades... I had the owners rights to this thing of beaut since JUNE baby! And had the awesome privilege of watching webOS mature in my hands, literally! This is too cool, and too fun... only thing I really want know is a HTC HD2 sice device with sideways keyboard, and I'm done! Oh Palm, work on that Official on-screen keyboard so we can have typing options! Thanks.
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast