View Poll Results: Do you wish yo wouldve waited for the plus

Voters
644. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm crushed and regret getting the original now that it's been improved

114 17.70%
  • No, I am happy with my pre and my experience with I've had with it.

530 82.30%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ldpantoja View Post
    I think the fact that Palm used Sprint customers as little test subject was kind of messed up and now Verizon users are the ones to get the "Real" version of what the Palm Pre should have been from the get-go.
    I'm not crushed, I have no regrets, but I do feel disappointed that I'm not allowed to get the Pre+ because I supported Palm/Sprint from the begining.

If it wasn't for the Homebrew commuinity- with better than "official" apps, themes, and patches, I would not have lasted this long!

Thanks to all the Homebrew Gurus!!!
    I love my Pre. I've had it since day one and have been nothing but satisfied with everything it can do and am looking forward to the future of what this unit is capable of. I just bought my wife a Pixi and the only thing I don't like is that Verizon's Pixi Plus will have Wifi capabilities and my wife's Pixi doesn't. Oh well.
    I was happy to leave Verizon. I have been very happy with Sprint in the past four months. With that said.

More memory...for what; it's not like that you are goin' to use it for a DAP. The Pre doesn't sound bad but it doesn't sound great either. I sounds like a iPod. The Battery life sucks is another reason for not using it as a DAP. I am a old Palm Pilot guy. I can do as much if not more with my Pre and I don't have to worry about carrying another device.

Verizon will probably install some proprietary software to render it useless anyway. I would have stay with Verzion if they didn't discontinue the Centro. I am glad they did. My bill is cheaper with Sprint and I love the Pre. I didn't want a iPhone. I don't play games but the Pre is a very useful tool for my work and I can read my books on it. 8GB may seem small but by the time my contract is up there will be a better/larger phone available. Unless they can improve the battery life there is no point in upgrading. I like the Orange keys and the Plus doesn't have them.
    I love my Pre. I've had it since day one and have been nothing but satisfied with everything it can do and am looking forward to the future of what thins unit is capable of. I just bought my wife a Pixi and the only thing I don't like is that Verizon's Pixi Plus will have Wifi capabilities and my wife's Pixi doesn't. Oh well.
    With the slider mechanism improvements to the Pre plus, I wish there Palm offered that same improvement on the original Pre. I'm still experiencing the oreo effect with my Pre. Although I am still loving the Pre and WebOS, I just wish Palm could offer a recall of some sorts to Pre owners still experiencing the oreo effect.

We'll see how much of a difference the extra RAM will account for when more of these 3D games come out. For now, I'm happy with the performance of my Pre.
    I don't regret buying my pre...coming from the instinct I felt like I was finally getting my moneys worth for all my plans features. BUT...since the pre came out we've been waiting for a video recorder, native code support, and GPU support among other things. The Homebrew community has done a great job of keeping many people enthused about the pre, including myself with the aspect of many android phones coming out recently. Now that palm is releasing games, soon flash, and added gpu support I'm wondering if the 2x the amount of RAM in the pre plus was because the first pre couldn't quite handle everything smoothly? An indicator would be that the demonstrations at CES were done on pre plus. Also I have downloaded and played around with the NFS game; it does run impressively well and rivals games on the iPhone but there are times when it gets jerky. I'm wondering if some extra ram would had cut some of that lag out? They should have released the same version to vzw or offer sprint an upgrade with a buyback. Buying a phone every 6-8 months is crazy and switching carriers is too. Hopefully our Pres will be capable of running flash smoothly (that is what convinced me to buy this phone).

BTW I feel bad for the pixi owners too, I knew the CPU was slower but I didn't think they weren't going to be able to do flash or games...
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    More memory...for what; it's not like that you are goin' to use it for a DAP. The Pre doesn't sound bad but it doesn't sound great either. I sounds like a iPod. The Battery life sucks is another reason for not using it as a DAP. I am a old Palm Pilot guy. I can do as much if not more with my Pre and I don't have to worry about carrying another device.
    With AmpachePre and RadioTime I have all but stopped using my 30GB HDD iAudio X5L. The sound is definitely better than my wife's iPod, and with BT headphones it is definitely a lot more convenient than using a dedicated DAP with wired headphones to get in the way. Plus I upgraded the stereo in our primary traveling vehicle to do BT audio streaming, so much better than an FM transmitter. I will eventually get around to upgrading my battery so I can stream music longer without being at some type of plug, but in the car I can keep it charging and at work I can keep it charging, so its not that much of a problem.
    These are the things I care about; is getting my 1.4 update on my pre and hope that we can get a pre with 16gb on Sprint this year. I can care less about the center button doesnt bother me. I just cant believe that this one comes with Touchstone capabilities also after me buying it extra with my phone.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kcw View Post
    I'm still on my first one but I have doubts as to how much longer it will last as the slider is really starting to loosen up. I wish this weren't the case 6 months in but what can you do?
    Agreed. I bought on launch and have gone through two phones since. The slider is still really loose and wobbly. :-\
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Grow up guys! Every tech gadget is obsolete almost the day after you by it.

If you can't deal with that, better not buy anything!
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Everyone is getting 1.4. Every WebOS device will have video recording. They said this in the CES presentation. Remember, pixi's on both networks are getting 1.4 and video recording, so rest assured that the Pre on both networks will be getting 1.4. too.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I would be if the Google Nexus was CDMA and on Sprint. Since I'm a premiere customer, I'll just upgrade when the next latest and greatest comes out.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    am I right in assuming that the os on the current pre's and the pre pro's will be the same?

I'm not hurting for memory at all. music and apps is all that I load...hopefully documents soon.

I use the little button to "minimize" apps/go to the home page.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i'm not surprised that the sprint pre was a beta version, i am just a little surprised as to the extent of it. i wish the pre plus was on sprint too but i've been looking for motivation to go vz
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    I for one do not at all. I've had the pre from day one, have gone through the growing pains, the growth of Homebrew, the excitement that came with every update, the thrill of discovering a new patch...They get the pre plus 6 months later, and although they reveive a better phone, plus users on Version will never get to experience all of that. I wouldn't trade fun/madness/excitement for 16 GB of storage. That 512 MB of memory though... If that's true, I have to say I will be a bit jealous of the plus users getting to play with that. But no regrets. None. You?
    0606 buyer too. No regrets, esp with awesome PreCentral crew and Rod W with PreWare. Sprint gives me better phone coverage, cheaper prices and freedom from the Apple Borg Empire. Watching Pre capabilities grow has been encouraging.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    i have said this from the beginning, and I will say it again: palm knows what they are doing, and they have a plan, don't underestemate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demodocus View Post
    I don't regret it from a software side, but I do from a hardware side. I'm on my third Pre now, and even this one is starting to get a loose slider. I would like the extra RAM, don't care much for the storage, but with the Pre Plus, it's being reported that the slider mechanism is more solid than it was previously, and that's kind of a low blow - hardware can't be upgraded over the air.

And the center button being removed...we all know about how the center button can lead to screen cracking on some earlier Pres. I know its not very common, but it does happen - I sold a Pre to a customer about a month ago and he just came in this week to get a replacement, since he did in fact have the center button based screen cracks. So basically yeah, it sucks. When you are an early adopter, you don't expect the hardware side of things to be fixed until the next generation device usually, and the Plus isn't a next gen device - it's what I should have gotten 6 months ago it seems. I'm very happy with my Pre now, but if I could have the better slider, no extraneous center button, and more RAM, I would really enjoy that.
    I'm with you! I think that Palm should make a running change to the current Pre's they make for Sprint that allows for the same robustness in the sliding mechanism as the Pre Plus. I am already on my 4th Pre due to the oreo effect. If there's a fix for it, why shouldn't us early adopters have the opportunity to take advantage of it seeing that this issue has been one of the biggest reliablility issues with the Pre?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I think they will have something released for Sprint in June as that is when all of on the Sprint Premier Program can get another phone. It may possibly be a 4G/3G model or even a World Phone. I'm sure it will have at least 16G & possibly a SD slot.

I'm sure it all depends on how fast it will sell on Verizon. The more it sells, the more R&D funds it will have.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I'm happy with mine. Of course there's always the pain of being an early adopter that something new (and there always is something new) or better down the road.

With having more carriers involved, there's just that many more apps, accessories and devices that will eventually become available.

The more, the merrier!
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I'm hoping that Sprint would at least gives us the Touchstone back for free.