1.    #1  
    I am delighted to know the Pixi-plus will have the Wi-fi but on the other hand, very disapointed for the Pre-plus. Did we say we need 16G Palm Pre?
    The flag-ship palm pre impressed the whole market on last-year CES for what inside in it - the webos. However, when palm pre hit the market, the bad body quality frightened almost all the palm fans although it contained a brilliant webos.Palm lost the very very great chance to beat Iphone. I could imagine Palm would have sold few times of the current quantity should the body quality was as good as the Motorola's droid.

A fashion designer once said " if a pretty woman wear a good outfit, people will focus on the woman, but will on the outfit if it is bad."

My point here is : It had been a long time since Palm knew how bad quality Palm pre was. Will palm pre waste another second chance to wear a good outfit?
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    If you've ever been in a Verizon store, you'll know that you spend a ton of time waiting. Well I suspect that a lot of customers will discover the Pre and Pixi during this dwell time.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I think Palm did drop the ball and missed an opportunity with the Pre. The build quality of phone has really brought it done. Who wants to buy a product where your playing a game of chance on whether it will work or not? And with Sprint and Palm failing to address the issues and take care of customers for what are obvious defects in the build of the phone is sad.
    well, first I am not disappointed with my Pre and it looks extremely cute.

second, i dont think build quality is any significantly worse than any other phone, people complain about Droid's loose back cover and washout screen in sunlight. whose to say definitively this is so much better than that?

lastly. with the woman and outfit analogue, I believe Pre is wearing a decent outfit, may not be top notch, but definitely not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by madcow706 View Post
    I think Palm did drop the ball and missed an opportunity with the Pre. The build quality of phone has really brought it done. Who wants to buy a product where your playing a game of chance on whether it will work or not? And with Sprint and Palm failing to address the issues and take care of customers for what are obvious defects in the build of the phone is sad.
    i can't help but think you are being dishonest on this, the forum was filled with how easy to replace or exchange defect Pre from sprint, how exactly is that not "taking care of customers"?

"playing a game by chance?" palm Pre return rate is about the same as any other smartphone in the market.

I am very suspicious exactly where you got these false accusations and wonder if you are just here to slander.
  5.    #5  
    I have been caring my fragile Palm Pre more than any other palm products before. But I have discovered the screen has already some tiny scratches due to my dry thumb. LOL!!

There are lines of GSM users waiting for Palm Pre. Palm should impress them, not disappoint them. If I was Palm's CEO, I will postphone Palm Pre-Plus until its costmetic quality will be as good as Motorola's droid.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonylawca View Post
    I have been caring my fragile Palm Pre more than any other palm products before. But I have discovered the screen has already some tiny scratches due to my dry thumb. LOL!!

There are lines of GSM users waiting for Palm Pre. Palm should impress them, not disappoint them. If I was Palm's CEO, I will postphone Palm Pre-Plus until its costmetic quality will been as good as Motorola's droid.
    I have a screen skin on my Pre, from best skin ever, about $8, very nice stuff.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    well, first I am not disappointed with my Pre and it looks extremely cute.

second, i dont think build quality is any significantly worse than any other phone, people complain about Droid's loose back cover and washout screen in sunlight. whose to say definitively this is so much better than that?

lastly. with the woman and outfit analogue, I believe Pre is wearing a decent outfit, may not be top notch, but definitely not bad.

i can't help but think you are being dishonest on this, the forum was filled with how easy to replace or exchange defect Pre from sprint, how exactly is that not "taking care of customers"?

"playing a game by chance?" palm Pre return rate is about the same as any other smartphone in the market.

I am very suspicious exactly where you got these false accusations and wonder if you are just here to slander.
    Dude, I have had 2 Pre's (on 2 different lines and 2 different users) and the LCD Screen cracked, the plastic on the outside was fine. Basically this phone is useless with a cracked lcd. The first one took several calls to customer service and advanced replacement techs for Sprint to accept it because I did not break the LCD and refused to pay $100 dollars for something I didn't do. Finally Sprint post on their own website about the issue, and when the 2nd one broke I took a print out of the website and had to show the Sprint rep in the store, otherwise they wanted to have me pay a $100 dollars for it. I have 3 Pre's on my account. I have high hopes for the phone. I just can't stand the build quality issues. I have 1 launch Pre directly from Sprint, 1 bought in August from Best Buy, and 1 bought in Sept. from Best Buy. All of them had problems.

To me, addressing the issue would be to fix the build problems on the refurbished phones instead of sending out the same old crap. Don't you agree?
    Build quality is the Achilles heel of this phone. But I have to agree that it was really easy to get them replaced. Sprint did great on that end. Sprint isn't to blame for build quality. I can't imagine any other provider being that cooperative when it comes to returns. I'm not making excuses for Palm (build quality still terrible but that's the price of a 1st gen phone) but Sprint has always taken care of me. My Pre experiences were no different and I've had a Pre since launch day. Top notch support and almost hassle free with Sprint CS (returned two refurbs for typical issues and was given a new Pre for my troubles.... ask AT&T to do that, lol). I'm still rolling with that new one!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  9.    #9  
    To Celvin,

As a long time palm user since Palm pilot. I truly hope palm will survive in this cruel smart-phone market. As I said , WebOS is very brilliant (but we must admit palm OS schedule, To-do List, memo, contacts are far more useful than those on WebOS), but Palm need more to compete with the other giants. Palm cannot afford to miss even a very small step. Second, to miss a chance does not mean Palm will die. It is only will the battle be more and more difficult to them

To be honest, I think many Palm pre users will have thought before if they could switch to android even though they understand WebOS is better. If it is not for the os, then what is the reason?
    Last edited by tonylawca; 01/07/2010 at 11:39 PM.