Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Hey guys. I downloaded NFSU, Let's Golf, and Monopoly. Could not get games to load, so I doctored my Pre. Now games work fine, except that the patches previously installed didn't get remove when I doctored my Pre, and they're inactive. I can't uninstalled them. I tried using EPR but I get the same error message, no Patches found, but they're still there under installed patches. Anything else I can do?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olidie View Post
    Hey guys. I downloaded NFSU, Let's Golf, and Monopoly. Could not get games to load, so I doctored my Pre. Now games work fine, except that the patches previously installed didn't get remove when I doctored my Pre, and they're inactive. I can't uninstalled them. I tried using EPR but I get the same error message, no Patches found, but they're still there under installed patches. Anything else I can do?
    I found the same thing tonight. Kind of annoying....

I like that they don't erase user files with the doctor now but surely the package database doesn't reside in a place where I store my pictures and music, etc...
    I found the same thing but found that you needed to erase your profile first before doctoring the phone. The profile is bringing back the patches and then you are unable to uninstall them at that point.

The issue with erasing the profile is that you do lose your settings.

But this is how I fixed it on my Pre.

Rob
    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I found the same thing but found that you needed to erase your profile first before doctoring the phone. The profile is bringing back the patches and then you are unable to uninstall them at that point.

The issue with erasing the profile is that you do lose your settings.

But this is how I fixed it on my Pre.

Rob
    Rob
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by olidie View Post
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
    Don't erase your profile! No need for that. Open upQuickInstall and go to device management. Check every patch you have and choose remove. You will get error messages as they uninstall. Don't worry, just click 'OK'. When this is done, reboot your phone. You should then be free to reinstall your patches.
    +1.. Worked for me.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Don't erase your profile! No need for that. Open upQuickInstall and go to device management. Check every patch you have and choose remove. You will get error messages as they uninstall. Don't worry, just click 'OK'. When this is done, reboot your phone. You should then be free to reinstall your patches.
    Thanks, Work for me. Very Much appreciated...
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I found where the patches are installed in cryptofs and deleted them then I could "remove" them from preware.

The same things happened to me with services, like package manager service. After doctoring it was still installed but not active, hence PreWare would not work. I had to use WOSQI to reinstall it.
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    I found where the patches are installed in cryptofs and deleted them then I could "remove" them from preware.

The same things happened to me with services, like package manager service. After doctoring it was still installed but not active, hence PreWare would not work. I had to use WOSQI to reinstall it.
    what is this cryptofs and how can I do this?