Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    now that WebOS offers a plugin that allows C/C++ native coding and can communicate to the hardware directly (accelerometer, GPU, etc.) does this mean that more complex apps can now be developed?? Is there limitations?? or just 3D games like we have seen so far?? I know its not out yet but i want to have an idea on what this PDK really means for development

Im asking about apps like, Shazam, DocsToGo, Shopsavvy, Video game emulators, Kinoma Play, etc.

Or am i jumping the gun too soon??
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
    now that WebOS offers a plugin that allows C/C++ native coding and can communicate to the hardware directly (accelerometer, GPU, etc.) does this mean that more complex apps can now be developed?? Is there limitations?? or just 3D games like we have seen so far?? I know its not out yet but i want to have an idea on what this PDK really means for development

Im asking about apps like, Shazam, DocsToGo, Shopsavvy, Video game emulators, Kinoma Play, etc.

Or am i jumping the gun too soon??
    PDK means almost all of those
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    I think now with PDK every app thats available on the Iphone is possible for the pre
  4.    #4  
    you guys are making me want to go back to the Pre again from the Touch Pro 2..... i was waiting for something like this on WebOS before i jumped on the bandwagon once more

this is exciting news indeed!!!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    that means the pre in our hands becoming more valuable
    Means hold on to your hat we are going for a APP RIDE

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Lets just hope these apps start comming out allot faster now. I would say we should probably start seeing allot more apps coming out starting March or so after developers have had some time with the new PDK. I'm just hoping for Slingplayer
    Sling Player is my #1 most wanted app.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    Sling Player is my #1 most wanted app.

yes go sling player!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kunedogg View Post
    yes go sling player!!!!

+1
    +1

I agree with this statement so much that it caused me to step forth from my lurking and post my support. I have been waiting for slingplayer since June 6, 2009.
    As far as I know, the PDK is only in the hands of select people right now, kind of like Mojo was before it was released in August. It will be fully released in March. After that I expect to see a torrent of Apps. I expect the Pre+ and the Pixi+ to sell well on Verizon. Which means there will be a lot more money for developers to make, not to mention the fact that Palm will be giving out Bonuses to developers.

Today made me very glad that I own some Palm stock.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    With the Pre and the iPhone both being ARM7 based and both running Unix like operating systems, it should be quite easy to port apps over to webOS.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I think there are quite a few apps waiting for release. I'd say we won't have to wait until after March for many more apps.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I think there are quite a few apps waiting for release. I'd say we won't have to wait until after March for many more apps.
    x2

from what we have seen today, there are more apps in the works before now. the events leading up to today and what we saw today clearly show that palm is working with developers well in advance of what was/is/willbe. I am happy to be a late (due to contract) early adopter, we have loved our pre's for months and are happy to see everything from today.
    rrgh... waiting til march is gonna feel like forever.
    not gonna lie i really want the lame but still entertaining gun club app that the iphone has, i loved that thing on my cousins lol its just a fun concept...
    We should try and make iPhone developers aware that porting their app to the palm pre is a piece of cake.
    great news, exciting times!
    hopefully we get a lot of good apps at the same price as the iphone
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    hopefully you are right. Palm can't afford to wait until March for the next 'wave' of apps. They need to strike while they have momentum from CES.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Lets just hope these apps start comming out allot faster now. I would say we should probably start seeing allot more apps coming out starting March or so after developers have had some time with the new PDK.
    Why wait for March?

WebOS Internals PDK - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast