Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Is sprint getting this pre plus as well or just VZ?
    It's a verizon only phone.
    Yea, but sprint is getting the Palm Pre Bat Phone in june
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    Yea, but sprint is getting the Palm Pre Bat Phone in june
    It's red right?
    its "exclusive" to Verizon....
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Wonder what AT&T is getting? No mention. AT&T didn't even name them.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Wonder what AT&T is getting? No mention. AT&T didn't even name them.
    the Pre 'minus'??? lol

same thing crossed my mind as well
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    ATT is getting a 2nd bar if their lucky.
    Am I the only one that feels like the woman that I'm in love with is sleeping with another man, whit this Verizon thing? And what the hell is a bat phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by rigatoni1374 View Post
    Am I the only one that feels like the woman that I'm in love with is sleeping with another man, whit this Verizon thing? And what the hell is a bat phone?
    I lol'ed... for real.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    att is getting a 2nd bar if their lucky.
    ahahaha
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Quote Originally Posted by rigatoni1374 View Post

Im with you!! Feel like Palm is sticking it to the sprint people. My sister works for sprint and i talked to her today and she said Sprint may have not wanted to pay for the 16gb pre and that why sprints not getting it. I really home palm and sprint have something coming to sprint in the near future.
    Sprint is screwing us, not palm
    Trust me by June 2010 the hottest, newest, latest, greatest WEBos device will be on Sprint. You can take that to the bank.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by crossweb View Post
    Actually it's Palm, and they aren't screwing anyone, they are staying relevant.

This is what happens, one provider leap frogs another provider with the latest and greatest phones....in 6 months newer, better Pre will come out with another provider, and all the people that bought the pre plus are going to be singing the same song you are right now. If palm didn't keep creating new and better phones, they eventually wouldn't have anything to sell.
  16. mkl
    I'm sure there will be people running around changing their ESNs on Pre Plus phones to their regular Pre phones...
    Quote Originally Posted by crossweb View Post
    how is either company screwing current owners? We bought the phones and likely will use them till our contracts expire.. new phones are out almost yearly.

I'll admit palm sorta gave the early adopters a bit of the short end of the stick, but it's how it always is with a new device. They couldn't afford not to have added a little something, they have a HUGE fight against android an iphone.

I'm just happy they didn't screw us in making the Pre Plus with a faster processor. Hopefully they will keep improving webOS and get it more optimized, as I'd like to still buy another webOS device next. But android is looking mighty attractive. I've got plenty of time though
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Trust me by June 2010 the hottest, newest, latest, greatest WEBos device will be on Sprint. You can take that to the bank.
    that check wil definitely bounce
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I'd bet that you will NOT have to change the ESN on the Pre Plus to get it on the Sprint network. I moved Treos back and forth to/from VZW/Spnt. Why not the Pre?

Just a matter of getting the "donor" phone flashed correctly..
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I'm just happy to see Palm come out strong on another carrier as I'm more concerned with Palm's survival. We win as consumers regardless of which carriers were on by way of more apps and the continued development of the platform that the additional revenue from more customers will bring.

I would still be hard pressed to jump to verizon for a new Pre. Sprint's plans are just too good. Anyways, I'm almost positive Sprint will get the Pre2 in six months anyways, I don't see it as cost effective for Palm to manufacture two versions of the Pre.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast