Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Trust me by June 2010 the hottest, newest, latest, greatest WEBos device will be on Sprint. You can take that to the bank.
    I agree. Sprint is not gonna let half a year go by without something big, and the timing will be perfect.
  2. #22  
    If the memory is just a drive issue, shouldn't there be a way to upgrade existing devices with the 16 gigs? I still think there should be a microSD slot. I never had an issue with the anemic memory on my Centro because I knew I could put a bigger card in it.
  3. #23  
    It's can't be done well it can be but it's not worth it just relax & wait CITA 2010
  4. #24  
    I am not worrying. Hell, I have only used half my memory now as it is, and I have like 20 CD's worth of music on it. I really don't think I will ever need the 8 gigs, but it would be nice to know it is there.
  5. cooknn's Avatar
    Posts
    388 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Trust me by June 2010 the hottest, newest, latest, greatest WEBos device will be on Sprint. You can take that to the bank.
    ...and it won't have "pre" in it's name
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
  6. #26  
    the "Palm Post"?
  7. cooknn's Avatar
    Posts
    388 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    the "Palm Post"?
    LOL Hopefully we see a ton of webOS devices between the Palm pre and the Palm post!

    How about the Treo 4G?
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
  8. Jeratain's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #28  
    1) I'm excited for Verizon and ATT having Palm phones. This means more adoption, more market relevance, and overall better updates in the months to come for everyone on WebOS (also means better apps).
    2) I don't care if Verizon has the Pre Plus and those of us on Sprint still have the regular Pre. It's a minor upgrade. The only thing that I'm jealous about is the build quality of the slider is better on the Pre Plus according to Engadget. That is my only real gripe with my Pre (that and the dead pixel); otherwise I love it to death and will stick with it.
  9. tamvegas's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    #29  
    I was with Verizon for 20 years before changing to Sprint to get the Pre.
    And was very surprised that Verizon would give in on control to the app store. They have always demanded to be able to charge for every aspect of their service.

    So, I think that exclusivity of the Pre Plus with 16 gigs and Mobile Hot Spot was how Palm got Verizon to not take over control of the Palm App Store. And you can bet that Verizon will be charging at least $19.95 a month for the Hot Spot service.

    A good deal since it gets the Pre and Pixi on the about the largest cellular carrier with the best coverage nationwide.

    Remember that Verizon wanting to control the App store was the main reason (as I remember) that killed the deal for the iPhone being on Verizon instead of AT&T.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    If the memory is just a drive issue, shouldn't there be a way to upgrade existing devices with the 16 gigs? I still think there should be a microSD slot. I never had an issue with the anemic memory on my Centro because I knew I could put a bigger card in it.
    still dont know if this is true Hack your 4GB iPod nano to 8GB? -- Engadget

    if it is than maybe we can get Pre Plus PLUS
  11. cooknn's Avatar
    Posts
    388 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeratain View Post
    The only thing that I'm jealous about is the build quality of the slider is better on the Pre Plus according to Engadget.
    I totally agree with you there. Aside from the build quality on this thing I could see myself using it for a couple years.

    Am I the only one who's going to miss the orange button - and numbers? They appear to be gone for good. I sorta dig the contrast in color.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    I totally agree with you there. Aside from the build quality on this thing I could see myself using it for a couple years.

    Am I the only one who's going to miss the orange button - and numbers? They appear to be gone for good. I sorta dig the contrast in color.
    That was my only thing that I was disappointed in, Made the numbers really easy to "find" per se and it kept the keyboard from looking bland.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions