Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Now that it's second fiddle to V's Pre Plus, will the price come down?

Also, even before a totally new Pre 2, I can't see Sprint not getting this version within 2 months of Verizon's launch - maybe March.

V's Eris came out about 2 months after the Hero.

But then again, who the heck knows.

Now Iím double torn. Was going to replace my Centro with Sprint Pre, but might wait. Double memory and storage is easy to hold out for I guess. Not leaving Sprint either way - rates are too good.

Others with me?
    IMO I think we may see a price drop around march & then a pre 2 or whatever in the summer sometime. Hopefully with bigger storage & a 4G chip inside...

For now I am just stoked about the new games and am taking back all of the information we were slammed with today. Thanks to Dieter today for giving the live updates!!
    I am in the same boat. I am a Sprint Premier Member and get a new phone every April. My wife and I get double discounts through work with Sprint and have no problem with the service in our city.

I was planning on getting the Sprint Pre in April, but I think things have changed.

Can someone please get me up to speed?

Will the 1.4 update in February...

1. Install the cool video feature on Sprint Pre's?
    2. Install flash on Sprint Pre's?
    3. Will I be able to play 3-D games on the Sprint Pre after the update or will this just be on The VZ Pre Plus?

My apologies if this stuff has already been covered, but I had a late night at the office. I am completely overwhelmed with the great news from Palm today.

Thanks
    lou

from what I understand with the info coming out today the answers to your questions are:

1) Yes The Sprint Pre will have video with 1.4
    2) Sprint Pre will have flash with 1.4
    3) You can play 3d games now on the Sprint Pre. They put them in the app catalog after the announcement
    Pre2? You Kidding, Verizon's is the Pre2... and Pre means what?

Pre....That is Before, Preceding, etc... Palm told us in name, from thebeginning that this device was only the beginning.... as far as Sprint getting the Plus, it is unlikely as they do not support the tethering features, Palm is going elsewhere.

But we shall see, don't fret, you too can get a Palm Pre+, even if you are in a Sprint contract, just go here and read how to get out of your Sprint contract without paying fees:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ation-fee.html

Hope this helps
    Guys, NO ONE ELSE is getting the Pre+. It's a Verizon exclusive phone.

It is NOT the Pre2. It's the Pre 1.5, as stated at the show.

The software will be universal in Feb. Even Europe. Everyone is getting 1.4, and everyone will have flash, and video.
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    Guys, NO ONE ELSE is getting the Pre+. It's a Verizon exclusive phone.

It is NOT the Pre2. It's the Pre 1.5, as stated at the show.

The software will be universal in Feb. Even Europe. Everyone is getting 1.4, and everyone will have flash, and video.
    Just to be reeeeaaallly precise: all WebOS devices will get video. Only the Pre/Pre+ will get Flash and 3D games.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by lou27md View Post
    I am in the same boat. I am a Sprint Premier Member and get a new phone every April. My wife and I get double discounts through work with Sprint and have no problem with the service in our city.

I was planning on getting the Sprint Pre in April, but I think things have changed.

Can someone please get me up to speed?

Will the 1.4 update in February...

1. Install the cool video feature on Sprint Pre's?
    2. Install flash on Sprint Pre's?
    3. Will I be able to play 3-D games on the Sprint Pre after the update or will this just be on The VZ Pre Plus?

My apologies if this stuff has already been covered, but I had a late night at the office. I am completely overwhelmed with the great news from Palm today.

Thanks
    I think the answer is positive to all of your questions.

1. The video demonstrator specificaly said: "Now, yeah, I have even better news, in that this great new capture, edit, and share experience will be available to all WebOS customers via software updates coming in feb no new hardware required" (His emphasis) Actually, I didn't completely catch this when I first heard it, and just now understood the full import. Than means the Pixi will get it as well. That was one of the reasons my wife is considering the Pre, so knock one reason down.
    2. I'm almost positive Flash will be available on the Pre, but don't believe it will be for the Pixi. This has been in the works a while.
    3. Nope, not just on VZ. You can download and play them now.
    Thanks for your help. I will monitor everything; if all of those things will be covered in the 1.4 update I'll be fine. So just another 8GB and Tethering, big deal. I'll stay with Sprint, and I'll have my sweet Pre in April.

Besides, I get a new phone every year from Sprint!

Palm hit it out of the park today!!!!