Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Using my near launch day Pre , took a few drops along the way and still kicking.
    This phone is the cats *** ! LOL
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    First Pre from launch in the UK (Oct) #3 inside the cover. No issues, but my slider has got tighter.
    Launch day baby too. Works perfect, no oreo, no dead pixels. The only issues are self inflicted like scratches from dropping it a few times and having to doctor the phone after updating it h a few patches still installed. I have zero complaints. I love my PRE
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    1. Go to your "phone" or "dialpad" app.
    2. Dial in ##786#
    3. A new screen should show up.
    4. Scroll down to the bottom and locate "WARRANTYDATECODE"

Whats your date?

I have had too many since launch.
    1: spider web cracking from center button
    2: 3 dead pixels
    3: slider problem
    4: Bad speaker or radio or someting (fuzzy calls) warranty date: 6/20/2009
    5: Great! (..so far)

I have a feeling my problem is with refurbs and the first phone I was just in an unlucky batch.
    05/31/09

I bought the 6th pre sold in Philly on June 6th, after getting in line at 6am. 6 6 6 - the number of the beast.
    *sigh* There is nothing magical about the numbers. It just identifies the battery cover is made from which cavity of the mould. For example the highest number shown quoted here is 6, so the battery cover mold have 6 cavities. For QC purpose we want to put an identification for each cavity, hence 1 to 6 in this case.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaneophyte View Post
    *sigh* There is nothing magical about the numbers. It just identifies the battery cover is made from which cavity of the mould. For example the highest number shown quoted here is 6, so the battery cover mold have 6 cavities. For QC purpose we want to put an identification for each cavity, hence 1 to 6 in this case.
    Uggghhh. Right! Don't these idiots know anything about mould cavities?

Up top!
    Just got my new refurb.
    06/04/2009
    Here's hoping
    Im on number 8.....Stupid Speaker
    I counted wrong. I am on #6.
    6/21/09, I activated it 7/6/09, First one, no problems!
    Keith George
    Palm Pre
    Palm Tungsten T
    Palm M100
    Palm Zire
    Wow you are observant! Mine is my second - first worked perfectly but I dropped it on concrete and cracked the screen. They gave me a new (not refurb) and it is stamped "6" on the inside of the back cover.
    Launch day
    3rd here. Changed the first 2 within the initial 30 day contract period. Unit 1 had a couple of dead pixels. Unit 2 had WAY too much side-to-side movement in the slider. Third unit was juuuust right. Have had this unit for around 3 months now and it's great!
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    1. July '09.
    If any of you had game crashes of sims, NFS, or Asphalt heres a poll for your warranty date here
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...code-poll.html
    I got the second one at my local store on 6/6/09 at 8 am when the store opened. #3 stamped on the original cover. Warrenty date: 5/31/09. Still on my first one.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12