1.    #1  
    I've seen the playstaion and NES emulators on the pre, and I was wondering if there was any way you could get a Sega Genesis/Mega Drive emulator running on it. Is there some way I can get a Linux based emulator to run on my device? Also, if there is somewhere specific to ask for this to be developed, can someone direct me there? I am new to this forum
  2.    #2  
    Anyone? Little help?
    Look for an SDL Genesis Emulator, if one exists than probably, go look at the WebOS-Internals site to learn more about setting up a cross-compile environment and compiling Doom as a tutorial.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks... I'll try, but I haven't done anything like this before
    It's not that difficult to do. You just need Linux to do it. You can either dual boot or run it in virtual box. I had a spare laptop, so I just use Ubuntu as the OS on it. I've been playing around with it for a while now. Also, I know I've seen SDL Genesis emulators out there so it shoudnt be too hard to port to the Pre.
    I guess Xmess is what you're looking for. I'm sorry, I cannot give you the link yet since I have less than 10 messages... Google for "Xmess-sdl Debian package", instead.

The program's already been ported to the armel architecture, so in theory the pre could run it...
    Someone should run it through the compiler and see how it comes out. It's probably going to require some tweaks tho
    Yep, and it's a big package... There's a lot of code there and I guess tweaking that won't be that easy.
  9.    #9  
    Yeah, I also found a sdl for gens plus as well... But my computer with Ubuntu is broken right now. I guess I could set this one up for duel boot.. But I still wouldn't know what I was doing lol
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethrotull View Post
    Yep, and it's a big package... There's a lot of code there and I guess tweaking that won't be that easy.
    I imagine the gens plus sdl would be a lot less because it only supports 3 consoles as apposed to the 24 by xmess. I can't link so.. google it lol
    Yeah, and the dgen emulator is also sdl... But neither dgen nor gensplus have been ported to the armel architecture, so I guess there will be some work to do with the instructions set first.
    Last edited by Jethrotull; 01/15/2010 at 09:04 PM.
    I'm looking through the Dgen configure file now. I'll run it through the compiler as is and see what happens. No promises lol

<edit>
    Sidenote: Thank you whoever cleaned up and improved the PDK page on webos-internals.org. Much better

<edit2>
    No luck
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 01/15/2010 at 10:24 PM.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  13.    #13  
    Could you try with the gens plus sdl?
  14.    #14  
    I'm bumping this because I really want to have a Genesis emu