Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Just wondering how long it will take the super techs here to get the "Verizon WiFi hot spot" app working for us sprint users. The current tether app is not so user friendly.

See ya.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    they would already have it if sprint was going to allow it.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    It seems all us sprint users may be the ugly step sister....
    but were the OLDER ugly step sister
    I think we'll have to wait until Sprint releases the next Pre. May it be plus or more, I don't see us getting it on our outdated devices.
    I'm sure someone will unofficially bring the app to us Sprint users...
    Sprint Overdrive 3G / 4G router officially announced -- Engadget

You could always buy this instead.
    And Sprint isn't big on tethering, as a matter of fact they pretty much have made tethering a thing of the past on their network.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    I think we'll have to wait until Sprint releases the next Pre. May it be plus or more, I don't see us getting it on our outdated devices.
    Why? What are you basing this on (other than your obvious displeasure that someone, somewhere, might get a new toy better than yours). Do you have some inside knowledge about the Pre that you'd like to share?

There is nothing on our current "outdated" devices to prevent such an app, other than Sprint not wanting it. Sprint has already displayed their willingness for expanding services cheaply. I suspect they'll watch this, and make a change in policy. Then, we'll see the app on our "outdated" devices.
    I think it'll be brought over, but probably require modifications to work.
    we already have mytether so whats the point of having anything esle, and its free unlike verizon customers have to pay for it
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    we already have mytether so whats the point of having anything esle, and its free unlike verizon customers have to pay for it
    Is mytether up and working with 1.3.5.1? I couldnt find the download...
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    MyTether is a hack that hasn't been working all that well with newer revisions of the OS, and I don't expect it to get any better with future versions. From the "constant update" issue, to needing to patch the camera, to some now saying that they're having SDL issues because of it, there's one common denominator that I'd love to have an alternative to.

I'd even gladly pay Sprint an extra monthly fee for this, but I'd think that someone will try to make it work free of charge on the Sprint Pre as well.