Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm just curious, how many of you have downloaded any of the new games, and how many of you were able to get them working properly? I thought it would be easier to analyze in one thread rather than a ton of posts popping up about games crashing, not working, etc.
    I just paid and downloaded Sim 3 and it wont run , I select it and it shows the bright spot indicating that I selected it then it disappears and NO SIM 3...Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    3 games NFS, Golf & Asphalt Had 1 crash on golf. All are working great now.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I have not downloaded the Sims but all 3 games I purchased took a LONG time to download and then it followed with a circle over the app indicating it was installing.
    asphalt 5, reboot the Pre after installation, run properly (opened 3 times so far), no crash.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I've downloaded Monopoly and Need For Speed and both work fine.
    Asphalt and NFS both running great.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    monopoly and need fro speed no problems here
    Asphalt 5 and Glyder 2. Both games ran fine, though Asphalt 5 gave me some memory errors and had to close a few times (probably a memory leak--restarting phone fixed it, but who wants to do that all the time?)

--
    Need for Speed locked up on me once when I won a race; however a minute later it un-froze.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I keep getting out of memory errors (too many cards) when trying to start.. but when they run, they run great..

The sims is especially bad.. I've been playing around with the files, and the memory requirements for the sims is 100mb's.. vs. 40mb's for the golf game, and 60mb's for NeedForSpeed...

I actually hacked the sims starter to allow it to run w/ only 80mb's and it seems to behave a little better.. (so far while monitoring it's memory, I haven't seen it go above ~50mb's or so..)

-mark
    Bought Oregon Trail and crashed everytime, Decided to Reboot the Pre and have not had a problem yet.. For all of yall having problems crashing try rebooting your device. It worked for me..
    palm hates Canada. =(
    NFS, Asphalt, and Oregon Trail...oddly Oregon Trail is the only one that has crashed so far. lol.

Great games though!
    sims 3..... Wow, it's running great, got an outta card message, but used jstop to kill doom and quake from earlier. Man those hate to close.
    I got NFSU and it seems to be working great for me. The graphics are amazing and there is no lag. The entire thing is one hell of an experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by adambomb13 View Post
    I just paid and downloaded Sim 3 and it wont run , I select it and it shows the bright spot indicating that I selected it then it disappears and NO SIM 3...Any suggestions?
    i think you need to do a reboot man.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    One thing that I noticed with the sims though is that a paused game is still using cpu (and battery )

Using about ~6-10% while paused.. (closer to 70% while running)
    -mark
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    One thing that I noticed with the sims though is that a paused game is still using cpu (and battery )

Using about ~6-10% while paused.. (closer to 70% while running)
    -mark

Yeah..you know I think i finally figured out why they put the usb charging port where they did...perfect spot for playing games because man do these games drain the batter quick!
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I just got Asphalt 5. Try to run it with email and calendar opened, it crashed quickly after the main manual.

Closed the email and calendar, and it crashed right before I try to start the game.

Restart the game and it crashed when Switcharoo tried change my background.

Eventually I won one game things looks reasonable. Please not, no reset in between, simply kept restarting the game. I think some background processes on the phone takes time to stop. My impression, not bad, good sound and nice graphic. This is the way to go, Palm. Let's see more 3D games on Pre.

I hope Web Internal will officially make Doom and Quake as easy to start as these 3D games. If my wife hasn't got her iPhone this year, I would suggest her to get the Pixi on Verizon.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast