Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Preview of Palms sample online app catalog, It's pretty nice
    Appetite¬*¬*|¬*¬*Stuff Your Palm

NOTE: Project Appetite is a sample project for demonstration purposes only; it is not an official catalog.
    looks pretty slick
    Man, I tried that link as soon as the screenshot was posted during the presentation, but couldn't get connected. I wanted to post it first.
    Looks great. I like the idea of having the apps viewable on a PC away from a phone.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    why aren't any web distributed apps showing up yet, even though if you got to this url AppScoop on your phone you can download this app which gathers recently added web distribution apps,There is about 8 or 9 showing up, so basically I'm wondering, shouldn't these be showing up on projectappetite.com
    Last edited by rothoof; 01/09/2010 at 11:05 AM.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i can't get appscoop on my phone - app-catalog not available, as always in europe.
    app-catalog is beta - palm is (and stays) beta
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    i can't get appscoop on my phone - app-catalog not available, as always in europe.

You can put the update feeds from Palm into whatever rss reader you prefer, and be current:

Custom Feeds - Palm Developer Center
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    The website looks very nice. Clean, and uncluttered. I love the name too, haha. Its very simple to navigate too, which is nice. I like the looks of it overall, cant wait to see the official version.

Glad it isnt ugly.
    ugly sites turn me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    You can put the update feeds from Palm into whatever rss reader you prefer, and be current:

Yep. I put them into FeedDemon, and they work perfectly. Loving what Palm is doing (yes, I sound like a cheerleader, but it really is some cool stuff).
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post

it' so nice of you to talk about a feedreader on the pre - but there is no feedreader for pre on 1.3.1 in germany and europe after feeds gone out of preware and expired weeks ago.
    and on the other hand:
    i get a text-message with a link - yes,
    but if i tap on the link i get either to an app-catalog-page with some information about the app to be installed and after tapping on "install" i get the infamous "app-catalog is not available" message or after tapping the link in the text-message i get straight over to this message of palm-beeing-and-staying-in-beta. palm will die again in beta-status.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    It installed (and updated today) on my GSM (UK) Pre
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i tried it again - with app from all three rss-feeds, none of them came further then to the message-of-crappiness "app-catalog is not available - try later", even after a reset of my pre.
    palm is beta - palm will die while in beta-status
    it' so nice of you to talk about a feedreader on the pre - but there is no feedreader for pre on 1.3.1 in germany and europe after feeds gone out of preware and expired weeks ago.
    Can you use Google Reader?
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Note that the latest Preware release allows you to access these feeds on your phone, in the same application you use to access homebrew.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I just wish I could configure Project Appetite to be able to see all apps on one page.